“Neighbourhood favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Union Kitchen

The Union Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Union Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 8,149 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hamilwood
Transit: Metro
Description: Global Cuisine with Southern Hospitality
Houston, Texas
“Neighbourhood favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We have visited the Union Kitchen on several occasions now. Each time we have not been disappointed. The menu is varied and well prepared. The staff are more than helpful and friendly.

• Visited January 2013

“Delicious fresh foods with wonderful presentation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This a must try for anyone looking for delicious fresh lunch or dinner. I love good food and I love this place. I've only visited the memorial location but I'm sure things are very similar between the other restaurants.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My cousin took us to the memorial location, and we had a delicious fried avocado stuffed with crab along with a prosciutto pizza that was wonderful, too!

• Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Neighborhood Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I eat here almost weekly, and have never been disappointed. (Memorial location). We usually go for lunch, and I can highly recommend any of their soups or salads (chopped salad is amazing! and enough to share). The chicken / avocado sandwich and burgers are both equally wonderful. Onion rings and potato chips are homemade and not greasy at all.

Recently we went for dinner, and it was so good, I just had to write about it. Do NOT miss the bone-in veal chop over wild mushroom risotto. OMG! It was not only one of the best meals I've had there, but in the top meals ever! It was so good, I had the leftovers for breakfast the next morning!

Also, have to mention the fabulous prices on wine. While most restaurants double or triple the price of wine, the owner has made a choice to only mark his wines up 10%. Great selection and prices. For example, a bottle of Jordan Chardonnay that is $80 at Carrabba's or elsewhere is only $45. Great bargain, and it keeps the crowd coming back. And often!

• Visited February 2013
Houston
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Come here often for happy hour after work. I do not feel in a crowded bar atmosphere, instead it is a great restaurant in my neighborhood with good ambiance and convenient bar area.

Visited February 2013