“Wonderful stay!”

Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #102 of 508 Hotels in Houston
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a very nice and new hotel. The pool is really nice and the exercise room is very clean. We are priority club members and got upgraded to a suite, which was very nice! Internet service had no problems. Everything was very clean. One of the best hotels that my family has stayed at!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
WAHBS,
Thank you for staying with us and for the "Wonderful Stay " review. We think we have a beautiful hotel with a great group of staff members that take great pride in the service they provide. We understand that Houston has many great hotels and it is nice to hear that you consider us one of the best. I guess than means we can expect to see you again on future visits to houston?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As a platinum IHG member I was welcomed with a complimentary bag with water and some other bits and pieces. We also appear to have had an upgrade to a suite with two large rooms on the top floor. This was a welcome surprise.
Having a room next to the freeway was not a big deal and we both slept very well. I also found the decor, linen and general aspects go the rooms to be good.
I note that some other reviewers complained about the breakfast but I felt that it was acceptable. We were not offered anything other than the buffet which is really fairly average and we were not on a complimentary deal so I would have preferred something a but better.
Overall a good hotel for the price.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank David M
David M,
Thank you for staying with us and for the review of our property. We do our best to upgrade our IHG Reward members when possible and I was happy to see that we upgraded your room during your stay. Our staff is very friendly and always happy to help make our customers feel welcome and at home. We hope you will come stay with us again.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in a standard room with a king size bed. The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming when I checked in and my room was large with a couch and ottoman. The room is modern and updated with a nice flat screen TV and the bathroom is a good size with spacious granite countertops. The bed was extremely comfortable, not too firm and not too soft. The food from room service was average but prices were fair and I received excellent service from all staff. My room was facing the highway but noise was not a problem for me, I really couldn't hear much inside my room. The location is convenient with a free shuttle to the Galleria Mall or across the highway to lots of food and entertainment options including, bars, comedy clubs, movie theater, and everything you need. The lobby and rooms have been updated so I would recommend this hotel if you want to save a few dollars and spend them shopping instead!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Jamie Z,
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review of our property. We have a great location and it is easy to make your way around the city from our hotel. Our rooms are clean and comfortable and while we have heard from customers concerned about our location near the highway based on our feedback it is not an issue with the average sleeper. Light sleepers please request a room in rear of the hotel.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

To start off on a positive note, the front desk staff are very welcoming and friendly. They were great helping us with any questions or concerns. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.. And the bathrooms are very modernized.
My biggest complaint was the noise level at night. We had a room next to the interstate and it was extremely noisy. We did have some neighbors partying at 3am but the hotel staff was very good at shutting it down once we complained - I understand that's beyond their control.
Everything is also way over priced. Example, a bottle of beer from the bar is almost $6 (Bud Light). Bottled water is $3. It made me avoid eating there.
The Galleria is in that area but not very close. When traveling back to Houston, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Beth D,
We are sorry our location to the highway was a detractor on your stay as if may aware of your concern I am sure our front desk staff would have moved you to a quieter location. Yes, guest noise is mostly out of our control but we are happy to see that once notified our staff responded and were able to shut the late night partiers down.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night, and, overall, this was a nice hotel, about 10 minutes from the Galleria, with a friendly staff. And, yes, right off the freeway, but my room was to the back and had no freeway noise. I also thought the room was nice. HOWEVER, I unfortunately experienced an ant issue in my room, which started with two ants in the bathroom, and became worse as I woke up and saw ants crawling all over the trash can. The front desk was apologetic, which I appreciated, and said that that was a known issue, based on weather or something, I really can't remember. I was offered a free buffet breakfast which I took advantage of. I'd encourage this hotel to step up their extermination practices as it seemed like an odd issue to have in such a nice hotel, and that makes me hesitant to return.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway if you are concerned about freeway noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
We are sorry to hear that you had ants invade your stay with us and we took immediate action once we were aware of the pests. We do have a very extensive pest control program with a nationally recognized company and we will continue to work on making sure this does not happen again.
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a good hotel for the money. Pretty good location, although not exactly in the galleria, but they do run a shuttle service. Good sized rooms and helpful staff. The only slight downside is the restaurant which was a little overpriced for the quality of food.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Racingjohn789,
Thank you for staying with us and for the overall positive review. We constantly look for ways to improve not only our service but our food offerings . we will review your comments with our culinary staff and see how we can improve before your next stay!
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the first time my husband & I stayed there. The service was excellent, not to mention the food was also great ! And all the little extra freebies. The only issue we had was hearing the freeway all night. Next time we will request a room away from the freeway. Other than that we will gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Dont have a room next to the freeway !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
myfamilyjulian,
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We take great pride in the service we provide and always look for areas we can improve. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable visit to Houston and we were happy to have you as our guest.