“Best Malaysian food in Houston”
Review of Banana Leaf ll

Banana Leaf ll
Ranked #1,011 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Malaysian
Description: Second location.
Description: Second location.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have been to Banana Leaf I and II and love them both. Our favorites are the Roti Canai, Beef Rengdan, Mango Chicken, BBQ Fish and all the noodle dishes. Thew service is very good and food comes out fast. They do not take reservations and wish they did. The average wait for us is usually about 20 min on weekends which is fine.

1  Thank PCTravel

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had the Roti canai appetizer. It was great. I would highly recommend it. Also ordered whole fried fish. Little bit too much sauce and not enough meat on the fish but tasty. Server was quite rushed and service was not relaxed enough. It was hurry up and order and move on fast to the next chore. We were actually looking for input from the server since this was our first time. We didn't feel he was helpful enough. Overall food was good but the beef satay was a little dry. Will go back for second experience.

1  Thank 786travel
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have been to both the original restaurant (other side of Bellaire) and this one. Both are excellent.

My wife and I have lived in Malaysia and love the food. This is as close as it gets to being genuine, especially in Houston. We had the roti again, which is always good and the malay flat noodles (chow fun) with all the ingredients. They did not have clams and they suggested that the salt/pepper soft shell crabs were good. They were EXCELLENT.

We also had the BBQ Stingray which was the hit of meal. You should try this the next time you are there. Very tasty but remember is has some bones.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Menu items I suggest: Roti canai, chicken satay, pad thai, stir-fried flat rice noodle with beef, pineapple fried rice (served in 1/2 a pineapple) and the daily special (which is almost 50% off the regular price but same portion and just as delicious). Also the smoothies are good and of course the Malaysian iced coffee which is very strong.

The 2nd location has better parking and is more spacious inside. I appreciate that with my check was included a survey. On the survey I noted that the bathroom wasn't very clean nor well stocked. The next time I came in, my feedback was put into action and the bathroom was clean, functional, and stocked. Thank you for listening to your customers (which is rare for restaurants in Chinatown - they usually treat you like they are doing you a favor)!!

1  Thank VuongStrongWifey
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times and the food is always good. Satay and peanut sauce is out of this world. Although it is an appetizer, they usually bring this together with the entrees, a little disappointment here! Our favorite dish is the Sizzling Malaysian Style Bean Curd and any curry dishes never go wrong. All-in-all, everything we ordered is always good and the service is good too. Expect some waiting time for table during the weekends.