“amazing, i gained 20 pounds just here!”

Phoenicia Specialty Foods
Ranked #3 of 8,359 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: You have one of the locations listed but not the new location that opened in November 2011
Reviewed June 11, 2013

amazing deli, bakery hot foods, teas, chocolates and even a dine in area with local bands...very very special place right across the street!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

While visiting Houston, my husband and I walked around the downtown area to see the sites and were pulled into a direction of what could only be described as a most mind blowing delectable aroma, and came upon this interesting grocery store. We took one step inside and soon realized this was no ordinary downtown market, but a culinary paradise of vast and diverse foods from every continent. Foods items from around the world abound. Many lovely displays of fresh fish, meats and cheeses, and mixed salads at the deli counter. In the center of the store there’s an olive bar with, peppers, humus and marinated veggies. We watched as fresh pita rounds made there way down from the ceiling like heavenly little clouds to the awaiting ladies below to bag and set out to the ready patrons. Making out way through the store we came upon the most decadent array of beautiful pastries, cookies, and baklava, so tempting and delicious we had to get an order to go. Hand made pizzas and sushi, along with a hotbar is available to go or eat in their seating area. One could spend hours in here putting together the makings for an unforgettable meal, or choose one already prepared for you by their wonderful staff. Either way, it’s an experience not to be missed.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Once was enough for me, this place was recommended by a vegetarian friend of mine, I really try to be opened minded, but this place is average at best and very overpriced. They charge $1.69 for Tzatziki Sauce. The staff is not very friendly; I suspected they are not treated very well by the management, because no one smiles.
Pita bread not freshly baked.
Hummus and salad were average no flavor.
Lamb, chicken and beef, not properly cooked or packed.

3  Thank LoveGoodFood05
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I ate here a couple of times during my stay in houston. Got a flatbread, which was good. Also got salad bar food. Very fresh. Nice selection of items not found in my local grocery store at home. But best of all were the bakery items. Wonderful triple chocolate cake and baklava. Definitely worth a try!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has a wonderful selection of foods. My husband and I stopped in one night after dinner out while visiting Houston for a convention and got dessert to take back to our hotel. I also went back a few nights later when my husband was attending a convention dinner that I had begged out on, and got myself a salad bar salad and dessert to go as well. This is a nice option to have when you're travelling. The cashiers were very friendly, too!