“Feels like an apartment. A modern day bed and breakfast.”

Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row
Ranked #123 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Feels like an apartment. A modern day bed and breakfast.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a week and was extremely impressed! The room was clean and has the feel of a mini apartment. The area feels very secure. Breakfast and dinner included- although you have to go early because food goes by fast and they do not serve much more. Food is standard, like other hotels - nothing special. A lot of people studying in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to families, business people, passing by, just passing by, etc.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good room, location and value. Just don't be late for breakfast or dinner they stand by the food looking at their watch and shut it down at the exact time indicated. I had the one bedroom suite which was large and clean. Location was right by I-10 but there was no problem with the noise. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darren l
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Darren,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Houston I10 West. I appreciate your very kind words regarding our service and facilities. I will definitely share your comments with our team during our next all associate meeting.

You also mentioned feeling somewhat rushed towards the end of breakfast. Please know that I've spoken with our team regarding this issue. While we encourage our team members to self monitor time and productivity, we certainly don't want to create the perception or feeling similar to your experience.

Thanks again for being our guest and for your feedback. Both are appreciated greatly!

Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here while passing through the Houston area. I have to say I've never stayed at a Residence Inn before, and now I do love the chain. Right off I-10 along one of the side roads. Our room was clean and spacious, a course with a kitchenette that we loved. The staff was also very friendly, and made me feel like a guest. We don't usually come near Houston, it's once awhile that we do come to Houston, but I would still recommend this place to anyone, who needs a spacious place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Caleb J
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Caleb,

Thanks for taking a moment to share with others your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Houston I10 West. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring back to Houston.

Kindest Regards,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had a training event for some colleagues and Rodney was very helpful in setting up the room reservations as well as the conference room and catering for our event. The staff there made sure the room was set up as we had discussed and made sure we had everything we needed. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel in general. The catered food was excellent as well as the breakfast and happy hour freebies. My whole group was impressed with the experience and our training event was a total success. Good job Rodney and we would definitely return for another event.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee B
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and your very kind words regarding the Residence Inn by Marriott Houston I-10 West. I will definitely share your email with the entire team, and with Rodney in paricular. He'll be tickled that you mentioned him personally. We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

All Best,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers and families. The facility is one of the best I've seen from the Residence Inn brand. The staff is extremely nice with a warm smile on every encounter and very helpful. I was staying on business and the location was perfectly located for us to visit multiple customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John L
Chris G, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Coach. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others about your stay at the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Barker Cypress. We know our future guests rely on the comments by our previous guests. I'll be sure to share with our team and we will continue to provide our guests with the service that they expect from Marriott.

Kind regards,

Chris Gibson
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I was planning my trip to Houston, I called another motel. The experience was not good. The desk staff couldn't even answer the phone properly, the sales staff never returned my calls or Emails, and there was a distinct lack of concern for my needs. I needed to send them a check for my stay, but I was afraid they would lose it, so I finally decided that this was not the place to stay.

When I called Marriott I-10, from the very moment that I called in, the experience was different. The voice that answered was clear and I understood that I had gotten in touch with Marriott Residence Inn rather than wondering who or what it was that had answered the phone. I asked for the manager and within a minute, Chris was on the phone with me.

Chris is the consumate professional. I think that Marriott is very fortunate to have him. He answered all my questions and the way that he handed everything made me comfortable forwarding a large check to him for our stay.

The arrival was a delight. The motel is new. Everything in it has been well kept in this first year of existence. No smells, no dirty corners, nothing out of place. Even the computers work well! The excercise room was a pleasant surprise. It has both exercise machines and free weights.

All of the staff members, from the kitchen help right up to the front desk, are always smiling, pleasant, and always greet you. The maids do a tremendous job on the rooms, and sometimes we left something of a mess for them. The breakfast bar is nicely done and they work to provide a change and variety every morning. I even like their coffee (I usually HATE motel coffee!).

You will not do any better in Houston than this motel. In addition, it is located nicely right off I-10, which is a main highway through the city area. This made our navigation easy. There are a number of shops and restaurants within close distance.

Stay here! You will love the people and love the motel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Edward H
Chris G, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. I knew after our first conversation that you were going to have a great stay. It's unfortunate that the weather didn't cooperate while you were here. If your travels bring you back through the area, we'd love to host your family again!

Best regards,

Chris Gibson
Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Barker Cypress
Louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is located away from the Houston crowds almost to Katy. Our suite was clean, attractive, and spacious, and the breakfast was great. They had reasonable weekend-type rates during the Christmas holidays. The area seems newly developed and off the interstate highway, so we found no restaurants nearby. However, they feature light meals with a happy hour during the week.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple