“Decent but nothing special”
Review of Downtown Aquarium

Ranked #25 of 319 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Houston's Aquarium features sea life from around the world.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice for an afternoon with kids. You take the little train and go around the aquarium area (and down a highway ...).
Plenty of fishes.
But not the best aquarium I have seen.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My kids loved it here. They like to touch the fishes. They really enjoyed the rides. All day pass is worth it.

1  Thank Lori L
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Visited with my wife and had a great time, Aquarium is not the biggest i've visited but for what we paid it was good value for money. As part of the complex, there is an outdoor amusement park with 4 main rides and a few fairground stalls. The way it is set up this would be a nice way for a young family to spend 4 hrs or so, not too expensive...

1  Thank Gezza-K
Reviewed November 27, 2012

For an all day pass of $15.99 you can see the exhibit, ride a train and all the rides you want. A great value for the traveler.

The restaurant is awesome, great selection of food for everyone even the non seafood eater. Of course my son had chicken tenders. And his favorite was the Shark Attack dessert, something to share for the whole table. And while you eat the are fish swimming in the Aquarium, some huge fish are in the tank!!

1  Thank 370Angel
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited the Aquarium with our City Pass tickets. Note that it costs $7 to park. If you want to do the rides outside of the Aquarium I believe that was an additional $5 per person.

The Aquarium itself is tiny. I would be surprised if it even took us 15 minutes to get through the whole thing. The rides outside are ok. There is a train that goes around the parking lot and stops in a tunnel to show you the sharks, a ferris wheel,carousel, and one of those rides with the seat that goes up and then drops down.

We came here after visiting the zoo the day before (which was excellent) so I guess I was expecting more.