Hotel Ylem
$200
Hotels.com
$209
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$251
$219
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$359
$309
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsholiday inn expressmedical centermd andersonfront deskhandy locationmedical discountfree continental breakfastnrg stadiumwill stay there againwalking distancedesk staffmini fridgewithin milesbed was comfortablerooms are largethe room was nicepatients
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Due to many appointments at MD Anderson, we have stayed here quite a bit recently and also at the Reliant Holiday Inn. This hotel is SO much cleaner, better smelling, and just nicer. The bathrooms here are 3X's as large. At both hotels it can be difficult to get the medical rate so you need to reserve as early as possible. We have never used the shuttle service to the hospital so I don't know about that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank neworleans08
GMMedicalCenter, General Manager at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello New Orleans,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. We know your time is valuable and you had a number of lodging options in the area. We are glad found our bathroom size to your liking. We are always pleased to receive acknowledgement of a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with my housekeeping team as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make us a leader in Medical Center service. We hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital and provided a shuttle back and forth for appointments. The staff are very friendly and all are constantly cleaning even the front desk people. The room is smaller than what we are used to, but very clean, quiet and temperature is easily maintained. The beds are comfortable and any problems are immediately addressed by staff. There is a full-sized washer and dryer on the second floor and washing products available from front desk. The shuttle drivers are fantastic and it is just so nice to be driven to facilities and then picked up. Jessica was our main shuttle driver and she made us laugh and went above and beyond to be helpful. Debra at the front desk welcomed us warmly and has an all business attitude to get things taken care of. Donnie, the night clerk, was very friendly and got maintenance to fix a plug problem right away. Francy at the breakfast buffet was so friendly and busy as a bee keeping everyone happy and well fed. Robert, the night security guard was very helpful and glad to help in any way. There is no pool, sacrificed for parking. When you have to come to Houston for medical reasons, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy T

Greetings Ms. Nancy T,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. We know your time is valuable and you had a number of lodging options in the Medical Center area. We are glad found our staff to be helpful and your stay satisfying. I especially appreciate your detailed response about each of my team members. Your comments will be shared with my team and I am sure this message will warm their hearts as it has mine. We hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed a HIE in June for a leisure trip to Houston. Glad I did. Cannot say enough. Good location in relation to medical center and Reunion Center. The desk staff nice, helpful and friendly. Rooms nice and clean. Breakfast typical HIE breakfast, but nice.

Nice, nice, nice

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings Mr. Golfer ;-),

We are glad found our staff to be helpful and your stay satisfying. We are always pleased to receive acknowledgement of a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make us a leader in Medical Center service.

We hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had reserved a room here in March and asked for the conference rate. I found out that the conference rate was only for students. They supposedly called me but I never got a message. Since I never confirmed the higher rate I thought that was that. Several weeks letter I found I got charged $170 on my credit card although I never checked in. I wrote countless times for a refund and even proposed a compromise of credit for a room some other time. No response at all. I have written 5 more times and nothing. I see this as bad management and just plane rudeness. The people at Club Quarters, by comparison, were efficient, courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: club Quarters has a great location near the convention center
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear jugodevegetales,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Houston Medical Center on a business trip. Although my company booked me for a smoking room (I do not smoke), the staff was really understanding and accommodating. Since I arrived late, they took the time to eliminate and air out the smoke smell. In particular, there was a man on staff named Andy, who was very pleasant and able to move me to a non-smoking room. Andy was very nice and made sure I was happy with my stay. It is great to know that the staff genuinely cares for their guests and contributes true comfort away from home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 8_NB_8
Walker V, Manager at Hotel Ylem, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

8_NB_8,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. We know your time is valuable, and you had a number of lodging options in the area.

We are glad found our staff to be helpful, and your stay satisfying. We are always pleased to receive acknowledgement of a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make us a leader in Medical Center service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Walker