“unbelievably horrible experience $2000 later!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of 8080 Main

8080 Main
Ranked #279 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“unbelievably horrible experience $2000 later!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've never been treated so terrible in my life! I live in Oklahoma. I just used the phone book to find a hotel. This hotel popped up it was close to the cancer center at MD Anderson so they gave us a deal with no taxes if we stayed a month. I got terriably sick and had to call the ambulance to the hotel and was admitted into the hospital. That night my 3 year old grandson's diaper leaked on the sheets. Walker called and was threatening my daughter if we damaged or soiled anymore sheets he was kicking us out. First he tried to lie and say the mattress was stained. Walker was asked to come to the room to look at the mattress there is no stains and we have pictures to prove it! Walker and the district manager decided to kick my daughter and her two small children out in the streets hundreds of miles from home then he went back on his word on the price of the hotel and decided to charge us more than that was initially agreed upon because they didn't like my daughter's attitude after being kicked out. They charged me over $2000 for 18 days and Walker was a complete jerk I told him I was goning to complain he told me to go for it that nothing would happen because It was individually owned. That's my experience with this hotel on 8080 Main Street in Houston, TX. My hope is that no one has to encounter what I have with this hotel. I would like to give credit where it is deserved and that is to the lady in the kitchen. She always greeted us with a smile and willing to lend a helping hand. The gentlemen driving the shuttle were always pleasant and yes full of information. Thank you THREE people on the staff that actually treat people with kindness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank letsfindacure
Walker V, Front Office Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Letsfindacure

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take feedback of our guests very seriously.
We are glad you enjoyed some of our service team, and hope your cancer treatment goes well.

Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel to the medical center on an annual basis and this hotel continues to provide me with the best of service and comfort. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast staff works hard to please the guests. The shuttle drivers go "the extra mile" in more ways than one! And the front desk personnel are very willing to help and answer questions about the area. I will be staying here again next year. By the way, they do have a medical rate available which helps with the expense.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Walker V, Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Alongfortheride,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here. We know your time is valuable, and you have plenty of lodging options in the area.

We are always pleased to get a pat on the back and to be informed when we are doing something right. We are glad, you found us friendly, accommodating, and enjoyed our breakfast and shuttle. (We love our shuttle drivers too)

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and review. We are glad we had the honor of hosting you, and hope to see you next year on your annual trip.

Walker Valco
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I needed to stay close to the medical center and found a great deal at this HIE. The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The grounds were clean though parking was tight. The staff was wonderful and they went above and beyond to help me print out some medical records I needed when I discovered I had left the printed copies at home (luckily I had them on USB drive). Breakfast was great and the woman who works in the great room for breakfast was wonderful.
I didn't use the shuttle but they do have a shuttle that runs to the medical center facilities every hour during the day (the hotel is about a mile away from the facilities).
This will be my "go to" hotel now anytime I need a place in the medical center area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy77803
Walker V, Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Ms. Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We know your time is valuable, and you had plenty of lodging options. We are grateful you gave us the oppurtunity to serve.

It is always a pleasure when a guest gives us such a positive review. We are very proud of our breakfast hostess, she helps set a warm tone for all of our guests. Your comments will be shared with the staff, our hostess in particular, so that they will know their efforts are being noticed.

Your review is better than most paid adverts, and we appreciate that we will be seeing you in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to serving you soon.

Walker V.
Leesville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is amazingly nice, the staff exceptional. We came for our IVF treatment. The staff was compassionate, obviously caring. Always met with a smile. We will be making several trips back for our follow up appointment. We won't stay anywhere else. Many thanks!!
Roger & Katrina + 2 new growing babies!!

• Stayed August 2012
Walker V, Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Roger and Katrina!

Firstly, THAT IS AWESOME! Congratulations, we are super stoked for you. The staff will be psyched to hear how it all worked out, and be pleased we will get to host you here during the journey.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, and letting us know how everything is progressing. The most rewarding moments of our job, are when our medical guests achieve their goals.

Thanks again for staying with us, and your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and Roger again soon

Walker V
Copenhagen
Reviewed August 15, 2012

stayed here four nights. it's typical holiday inn express hotel. free continental breakfast, free wi-fi, free parking, etc. it's very accessible to everything. walking distance to 24h cvs pharmacy. nearby super target, restaurants. we shipped my son's computer ahead of time and they kept it for us. it arrived their thursday and we checked in friday. that was very nice of them.
pros:- shuttle service monday-friday only (no week-ends), nice driver and informative
- reliable and free wi-fi
- some helpful staff
- friendly, professional and helpful breakfast attendant (francy?)
- ample and safe parking
- fridge/micro in the room
cons:
- one front desk clerk not knowledgeable on hotel phone charges (local calls), puts you on
hold forever and doesn't go back to answer your questions (we had to hung up after
waiting so long)
- front desk clerks needs to say good morning, good afternoon or whatever the case
maybe and "smiles" goes a long way
- needs more cleaning in the public hallways, stairs, elevator, etc.
- no safe for valuables

i was speaking to some guests and they're repeat clientele. they come here for the medical centers around the areas for treatment. i chose this hotel this time coz of the value. we dropped off my son to attend Rice Univ.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mahleen
Walker V, Guest Relations Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Ms Mahleen.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Your feedback was indepth, and will be useful in targeting areas where we can improve.

I apologize sincerely for the failure of our staff to greet you authentically each time they had the chance to do so. Managment will take the necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen to you, or any other guest, in the future.

It is disconcerting that our staff was not ready for your questions on long distance and local charges. (They are free) . We also have safes, and safety deposit boxes, available to our guests, at no charge. If you have a moment to talk more about your stay, we would be happy to discuss a resolution, so that we might win your business if you visit your son again soon.

In closing, we wish we could have made your stay perfect, and thank you again for the many kind things you said about property, Your time is valuable, and you have many lodging options. We are grateful you chose us, provided candid feedback, and hope to serve you again in the future.

Walker

Post Script: Your observations about the public areas, will be taken to heart. And I agree, Francy is the best!
Fruitvale, TX
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My sister and I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel and we just have to rate everything " EXCELLENT " ! The room was clean and well stocked; all employees we came in contact with were very polite and knowledgeable.
The staff was awesome ! Mr. Gray ( shuttle driver ) was just wonderful. Great attitude and sense of humor. The manager was outstanding as well as Jessica and the other employees whom we forgot to get names.
Should we be visiting Houston again in the future; we will be wanting to stay at this particular facility again !
Best thing that happened on this trip . . . my sister is now " CANCER FREE " !

Room Tip: Just let the front desk staff know what you would prefer and they will do their very best to give yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Walker V, Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Mr. Bruce C

Firstly, HECK YEAH NO MORE CANCER! We are big supporters of American Cancer Society here, and our favorite thing to hear, is that our Medical guests get the win.

You should hear our Shuttle driver sing, his singing voice is better than his stand up :)

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We know your time is valuable, and you had a lot of choices, we are grateful that we were the ones who got to host you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Walker Valco
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Second times a charm!
This hotel worked out perfect for me. It is about 20 minutes from HOU and perfectly situated where I needed to be. It was one of the few hotels that I found with free parking. The hotel seems brand new (it isn't very old but still kept in great shape). My room was very comfy - featured high ceiling (I really like this because most hotels just have standard height ceilings, the extra couple of feet makes the space feel so much bigger), fridge, microwave and a huge LCD tv (i think it was 42 inches). The Front Desk Manager (Walker) really helped me out during my stay. I really appreciate a good staff at a hotel that sincerely enjoys making my life easier - this place has got it! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Walker V, Guest Relations Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Mr. Marcino G

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here. We know your time is valuable, and you have a number of lodging choices in the area. We are sincerely grateful you chose us. Our Ownership does not believe in charging folks for parking, we are glad you appreciate our stance on the issue.

We are very pleased that our staff succeeded making your stay hassle free. It is truly rewarding when a guest takes notice of our staff's efforts and takes the time to review us.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thanks for Choosing Us!