Courtyard Houston-West University
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
$230
$179
$138
$117
All reviewsrice universityaverage courtyardsurface streetsbuffalo speedwaymarriott appfront deskroom was cleanbreakfast crewgreenway plazamaintained hotelhighly recommend staying herewithin milespool and hot tubthree roomsrecently stayed at this hotelstarbucks coffeesmall refrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located near (about 20 Minutes) from Hobby International airport. 10 Minutes from the Galleria and 6 minutes from Rice University. It was reasonably priced and very clean. Staff was helpful and pleasant. They have a cafe/bar that is open early and stays open fairly late.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank summer2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We enjoyed our nicely decorated and comfortable room which we booked at the very good senior rate Marriott often offers. I was especially pleased that the manager remembered my name and greeted us in a friendly manner.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wonderfulworld
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Recently stayed here to visit friends in the area and everything was great. The staff is very friendly and well trained in Hospitality. Rooms were average - typical upgraded courtyard room-so no complaints. Parking is easy, and beds are comfy. AC worked great. The restroom was slightly dirty due to someone checking into the room then changing rooms and they must have used the bathroom-but hotel fixed this very soon. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank VPNor
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We had a great time at this hotel. We could check in early. The staff was very happy and helpful. We felt important to them. We had a problem with our TV and they were quick to change us to a new room. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank scokog
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm writing as someone who stays in this area one week per month. Top notch is the Renaissance. Beyond that, this hotel is my second choice. The building is updated, rooms and showers are updated, lobby is brand new, exercise room is small but very nice, the general area feels safe and parking is more than adequate.

As a business traveler I also checked out the Four Points by Sheraton and the Crowne Plaza. If you don't care about the exercise or using a parking garage, the Crowne Plaza was equally as good and presents itself as a more upscale option. I wouldn't send a friend to the Four Points-- the area didn't feel safe, the bathoom tub/shower looked like the 70's and the lobby felt a little bit like a beach hotel that had never been updated around the registration desk.

The manager at this Courtyard must work day and night-- and he is demanding. I often see different staff at the front desk & bistro, and he's willing to crack the whip if they step out of line. They do that sometimes, but in general the manager keeps things on track during my visits.

This hotel is a bit more than Crowne Plaza and Four Points. For best deal, I'd choose Crowne Plaza. For best experience outside of the Renaissance, I choose this Courtyard.

Room Tip: I've never heard a sound from neighbors in any room I've had at this hotel. With an elevator on both ends of the building, there is little suggestion to add. First floor rooms have huge/high ceilings.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business