Residence Inn Houston-West University
$142
Westin.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$219
$189
$127
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$112
$91
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$99
$89
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$141
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$119
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$133
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenbuffalo speedwayrice universitytea and hot chocolatefor long term stayssmall fitness roomone bedroom apartmentthe living room areabasketball courtan easy drivemedical centerdidn t workpots and panssouthwest freewaysuite hotelthe breakfast areaevery morning
Reviewed December 26, 2013

First off, the Residence Inn model is wonderful for families. The two-bedroom suite with kitchen was great for our family of four, and the breakfast buffet very convenient. (My kids loved the make-your-own waffle station.) The location is close to the medical center and Rice University/ Rice Village, and reasonably convenient to the Galleria. We generally stay here when we have several scattered friends/ family members to visit, as it offers easy access to the major highways.

However, like other RI properties, the place appears to have a cleanliness problem. We found a few month's worth of dust in the corner of the living room, a half-eaten M&M on the carpet, and a half-cleaned up spill in one corner of the kitchen. There was also a loose floorboard in the kitchen. The front desk was apologetic when we checked out, but we weren't offered anything besides. We'd stay here again just for the location, but maybe bring a dust buster with us.

Room Tip: We heard some noise from the adjacent apartment complex on Friday/ Saturday nights. I'd recommend asking for a room on the east side of the building, or using the fan as white noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susy_Traveler
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were in Houston for my GF to qualify as a Running Instructor when we stayed here.

First morning we were kicked out when all the fire alarms went off and weren't allowed back in until the Fire crews said so.
This is a great Residence in in a superb location to access Houston.
The staff treated us like royalty and we truly felt welcomed here. The suite was just that little bit more comfortable than many we'd stayed in. Everything was really "just right".
When I go to Houston again, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. We had not stayed in a Residence Inn previously and were favorably impressed. The desk clerk was friendly and very helpful upon check-in. The room was spacious and very clean. A very comfortable bed. Quiet even though nearly full the nights we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm posting this a little late (better late than never)...I stayed here in the middle of my relocation to Houston, in between a bunch of other stays - mainly due to proximity to the Galleria and areas I was home-searching. I checked in very late and the process was seamless. My room was large - an end unit. Large room / large bathroom. I liked that I could walk across the street to a Mexican restaurant for a nightcap. In the morning, I did notice the breakfast area was on the smaller side, but I found a spot and the breakfast buffet was good. Maybe adding some spots for singles (like a breakfast bar) would help here. For access to the West U / Rice Village & Galleria areas, this location can't be beat. Decent value, too. Good wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was perfect. It's less than 2 miles from the Museum District, so everything we wanted to see was close by. The hotel is very clean and quiet, it's set back away from the freeway, so you don't hear any road noise. We stayed for two days, and the young lady at the front desk always greeted us upon leaving or returning. Instead of the standard "hello", we were greeted with "hey, welcome back!" or "how was your trip to the museum?" Very personalized! The hotel has a nice little bistro that has a Starbucks inside. We took advantage of the 24 hr convenience store located at the front desk. It was nice to be able to go downstairs and have access food and drink at al hours. I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Houston

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple