All reviews minute maid park astros game ball park front desk ceiling fan heavenly bed lobby bar directly across the street room service convention center valet parking corner room awesome hotel great customer service toyota center rooms are large the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had tickets to the Astros and wanted to make it a weekend downtown. So we decided to try out the hotel and really enjoyed it, for the rate the rooms are spacious, the bed was very nice, and overall it was great. Pricing on the parking but it had free checkout and checkin and Houston downtown is a parking pain. Walk across the corner and you are at Minute Maid Park and the game.

Date of stay: September 2019
ChristineZ552, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Beartimes,

Thank you for choosing us for your Astros Game Weekend. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely hope the time spent with us was enjoyed by all and you think of us for your next getaway adventure in downtown Houston. Go Astros!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took a little getaway to watch the Astros this weekend(we don’t get to do this often) The hotel is right across the street from Minute Maid Park and not to mention super charming when you walk in. Whendy was incredible!! She not only found us a room that was ready early but made sure we had a view of the stadium. In fact everyone we encountered was friendly and professional . This hotel was exactly what we needed for our perfect getaway!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear MaryLo78,

We are excited to be your favorite hotel in Houston. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your stay in downtown and for recognizing our team along with Whendy's hospitality. Feedback like yours is what makes being a part of this industry so rewarding. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tropical Storm Imelda decided to disrupt my business trip to Houston today. My flight home was canceled so I tried to drive home but the roads were flooded and very unsafe. After 2 hours in the car going 14 miles through multiple high water areas I ended up downtown trying to find a hotel. The first two hotels said they could not take new guests because they were low on staff due to the weather. I stopped in the Westin and the 3rd time was a charm because of Aredndia. She could tell I was having a rough day and although the Westin Downtown was also low on staff she made sure to find me a room and ensure I had a safe place to stay for the night. She really found me the perfect room so I would have enough space to work and relax. She delivered exceptional customer service during a stressful time when the hotel front desk team was dealing with many walk-ins. She made me feel like the most important guest that day. Thank you Arendia!

Room tip: Parlor rooms are spacious.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear TandTb2013,

Wow! I am truly speechless. We learn a great many things about the people around us during trying times and yesterday was certainly a true test of character. I am so very proud of Arendia and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience, she will be greatly humbled. The 3rd time is the charm, indeed. We are thankful for wonderful people like you who walk through the door. I hope you think of us when your travels bring you to Houston and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a wonderful stay at the Westin! Rooms are modern and comfortable. Location is perfect in downtown. Most importantly, the service was great. Special thanks to Nancy who had a hand written note and cake sent to my room for my birthday. Thank you so much for making my day special, Nancy!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Mark R,

It was an honor to deliver and be a small part of your birthday surprise. Nancy will be delighted to read your kind words. Thank you for allowing us to host you on your special day. We look forward to having more opportunities to create special moments for you and your family. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Aerndia a manager guest services was so very helpful to secure my two rooms directly next to each other. My mom is 79 and we need to have a room right next to her. Aerndia (I hope I’m spelling it right.) she bent over backwards to accommodate my accommodations. Thank you. :)

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Angie B,

We are so very happy to learn of your excellent encounter with Arendia. She will be extremely humbled by the feedback you have shared because she is the type of person who genuinely pours her heart and soul into every aspect of her life. Thank you for recognizing her efforts and for being our guest. We hope to see you again very soon.