“Beautiful Room”

Ranked #36 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was gorgeous!! My room was one of the largest I ever had beyond being a suite and II loved the ceiling fan - it was the perfect touch! It was nice being able to see Astros stadium from my window as well, what a perfect touch of scenery! Although I didnt order breakfast, their menu was incredible and had so many healthy options. I will stay here again if I am ever back for business!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Travelife22:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback and will share with the team. We hope that your next business trips bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown!

Chris Ziadie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a very good 4 star. Spacious and comfy room. The only draw back was the heavy sheets on the bed. You will pay for the convenience of the buffet breakfast. The service was excellent coming and going. I feel if the price stays the same I will be using this hotel for future Astro's games.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

Morden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had stayed at a Westin hotel a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so looked out for one on this trip, chose the Houston Downtown one and was extremely happy with it, all of the staff were very pleasant and helpful in particular Sofia was very friendly and always made us feel very welcome. The hotel setting was great, the bar and lounge areas, good size bedrooms and bathrooms, the little extras were great, complimentary bottled water in the room, cotton buds and cotton wool plus robes. Good location, Vic and Anthonys restaurant opposite and the Minute Maid grounds almost opposite, never been to a game before but as it was so close tried it and enjoyed!! Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We will be sure to share your comments with the staff! Also, we will be sure to let Sofia know of your experience!

Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Spent the weekend at the Westin to attend an Astros game. For the the baseball enthusiast, this is an awesome place because its located across the street from Minute Maid Park. Wow! Overall we loved the Westin. Our room was large, well stocked, clean and contained everything one would want. Their exercise facility had everything..weights...treadmill....elliptical...and more. However it was the small things that popped the balloon on our impression of the hotel. Let me list them: parking was all done by an attendant...you couldn't park yourself; when we entered the room for the first time, the radio was playing...we tried turning the radio off but couldn't find the switch/button...so we unplugged it leaving us without a clock; TV didn't work; and we wanted more decaf coffee, so on the way in from dinner we asked the front desk if they could have more delivered to our room...we were told by a manager walking around to call from the room vs. tell them right there...what bureaucracy. To separate yourself from the pack, you have to do everything right. In the Westin's case, they need to do the little things better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonRedSoxFan2004
Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown. I want to apologize to you regarding your experience while requesting coffee. It is our mission to always "own" a guest request and I apologize that this was not fulfilled during this interaction. I have addressed this with our team. Please feel free to call me personally should you have any questions or concerns.

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My experience at the Westin Houston Downtown is one of the best overall I have had. The location of this hotel is good, right across the street from Minute Maid Park and a 5 minute walk to the convention center. Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is 5 steps away and is great. The lobby is super comfortable, large and modern with great decor and a bar and restaurant that are open late and moderately priced.

The rooms are fantastic! They are huge - with very tall ceilings with crown molding, floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom is also large with double vanities and a makeup station, large tub with rain shower and separate toilet room. The beds and sheets are very comfy and soft; the decor was modern and simple but very tasteful.

The staff was superb here, best I have every experienced. I was greeted with a "good morning", "good afternoon" or "good evening" every time I walked through the lobby. The doorman opened the door every time I entered. This how a 4+ star property should be and it is great to see it being done here. This is well be my go-to hotel on my returns to Houston.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg D
Dear Greg D:

I would like to personally thank you for your review regarding The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your comments and will be sure to share them with the staff! Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I may be of assistance!

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight trip. Didn't see much of the surrendering area other than from taxi - it looks a bit shady (many bail bond shops around). The hotel itself looks just like most of the Westin - clean, modern. The staff are all very friendly, checking in/out were not a problem. I was told that I have free wi-fi in room (SPG) but the next morning wi-fi charge were on my bill, had to call to have it removed. The room itself was nice but the bathroom door won't close and one of the handle bar was broken.

I would stay here again for a quick trip, but for longer term trip, I would probably find a hotel with better location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TcyW
Dear TcyW:

I want to thank you for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and have spoken to our Engineering Department regarding the handle bar in your guestroom. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I may be of assistance!

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four days in connection with business. Good location downtown Houston. Used to be the Inn at Ballard Park hotel. It is now owned and managed by Westin. Friendly staff, cleanliness is ok, free WIFI in the lobby, but not free in your room. To bad. Rooms are ok with all facilities. Nice bed, but carpets should be changed. They are old. Valet parking is very efficient. Check in and check out without any fuzz. A big plus is that Westin is door to door with Vic and Anthony's steakhouse. Be sure to visit this restaurant. I guess it is the best steakhouse in Houston. Amazing steaks!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Runar P
Dear Runar P:

I would personally like to thank you for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown. We are still owned and managed by Landry's, Inc., but are a franchise property for Starwood Hotels & resorts. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff!