“VERY NICE STAY”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #21 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We made a last minute reservation and enjoyed our stay. The old art deco decor was a nice change. The room was large, clean and quiet. The location is great and our breakfast at the buffet was excellant. A good price for a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank boydpc
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel ICON. We are very proud of our hotel and hope that everyone gets a chance to try us. Your feedback is very valuable in letting others know about Hotel ICON.
We are located near many new shops, restaurants and bars. A new place just opened across the street this week. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

First we didnt had water until afternoon. Some problem was going on and we where without water until 12:00 PM. The answer if the concierge or guest Services get the phone was if we want we can go to take a shower to the spa (and obviously move all the luggage down stairs)

Finally we left the hotel at 12:40 and at the time to come back to the hotel the room wasnt clean. It was as we left on the morning. Me and my family had 7 rooms and all where on the same condition.

I do not recomend this hotel, specially when you plan your family vacación since 8 months ago. And travel so far when in Houston there are plenty of hotels.

3  Thank Bernardo B
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I do believe that we have already contacted you regarding this. However if we haven't please do contact me directly at the Hotel ICON. It is very upsetting when we cannot get water and deliver it to our guests. We did offer the use of our Fitness Center and Spa to all our guests who were affected in an effort to minimize the impact of the water break in Houston. Again I do apologize and hope that you will reach out to us if we have not already made contact with you.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Booked a room for Friday and Saturday night stay, never stayed at the hotel before but knew it was nice. When we got there they had upgraded us to a suite (SWEET!) the room was awesome. The hotel has great feel to it, service was excellent. Location we enjoyed because our Birthday dinner was across the street at Batangas. There are several restaurants and bars within walking distance to the hotel. The person in Reservations- Katy was great is selling the area and stuff to do. Will 100% be back.

Room Tip: Hotel doesn't offer a swimming pool which would have been nice for Saturday afternoon.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SSHotelman
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments. It is exciting to see the number of new restaurants and bars opening in the downtown area. The transformation from day to night is an incredible thing to see.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Loved this beautiful hotel - the history is fascinating. We left feeling totally pampered and cared for after a weekend with the incredible staff. We especially loved the food and service. The whole experience was fun, the hotel is gorgeous, the accommodations were especially comfortable, clean and welcoming - and we will be back. Thank you - all the staff - for such a great time!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

I appreciate your feedback. We love to hear about our great service and the wonderful building. I hope you get a chacne to come back and enjoy the Fall Weather in Houston. Hotel ICON is here to be your Home away from Home!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is THE place to stay in Houston if you value excellent customer service and a hotel with true beauty and character. Hotel Icon has both.

I made a reservation for a business trip, with plans to stay over for the weekend. From the moment I pulled into the driveway to valet my car, I knew this place was special. The architecture, landscaping, and decor are all very impressive: modern classic, with a nice touch of Texas. Perfectly located in downtown Houston with easy access to all the major highways, as well as several great bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

My room was amazing: beautifully decorated, exceptionally clean, and lots of character. The bed was plush and comfortable, and the bathroom was to-die-for: a huge space, with retro black and white porcelain floor tiles, and a separate shower and tub stocked with high-quality bath products.

The service was also impeccable: from ensuring delivery of a package I needed for work, providing prompt valet service, and even suggesting a creative cocktail for me to enjoy at the bar. Indeed, everyone is extremely attentive and very accommodating, They also do a wonderful job of introducing you to the property and all it has to offer. Check-in went smoothly, including a personal escort to the elevators.

Because I was there for several days, I had a chance to interact with several of the employees on multiple occasions. Every interaction was a delight, mainly because I think they really enjoy working there (and I can see why). Hats off to Steve, the General Manager of the hotel (who I also had a chance to meet). He obviously takes his job seriously, and wants to make sure that guests have a memorable experience that exceeds expectations. That is certainly how I'd describe my stay. Needless to say, from now on, Hotel Icon is my go-to Houston hotel for business and pleasure travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thak you so much for you kind words. I am very happy that you are a guest and look forward to many more stays at Hotel ICON. We are here to provide great guest service and we are very proud of the Hotel ICON!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Loved that this bank building built in 1911 has been restored into a lovely hotel. Loved our room and such a great bathroom!! The decor was outstanding!! Everyone was friendly. I would have rated it 5 except for a few small things.... stayed three nights and every time our room was cleaned something was not replaced... coffee, bath mat, toilet paper, etc.....as soon as we called needing anything it were delivered promptly.
In talking to other people staying at the hotel for one night, I understood that they received 2 drink tickets when checking into the hotel. Stayed 3 nights and did not receive any drink tickets... had to pay for my own drinks. The food was very good, but service really slow. Good happy hour prices on food and drinks. Valet prices were high.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel ICON. The building is outstanding. I will follow up on the Housekeeping issues to make sure that we are not forgetting to replace the complimentary coffee or other items.

We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again at Hotel ICON.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Icon for a friends wedding and it was a wonderful experience. The room was spacious enough for me and two other people. My favorite feature was the bathroom with the tub and big walk in shower. All the little details like the bull horn hooks in the bathroom were interesting and unique features. I didn't find the noise level a problem but I also didn't stay near the elevators. You do have to use your room key to get on the elevators, I guess for added security. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage of all the restaurants and cafés within walking distance of the hotel, there is plenty of dining options in that area. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room, those seemed to have the better views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

I appreciate your comments and a good tip on the even number rooms. The Even number rooms face the South and towards the Large City Buildings. The Odd Number rooms face the North and views of the University of Houston Downtown and other Northern Views. If you like to watch traffic, don’t miss where all the freeways come together!!!! There are a couple lower numbered rooms on each floor and they face East with beautiful views of the historic courthouse and Minute Maid Park.