“Beautiful Hotel”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #22 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed the weekend of March 21st. The outside of the building is beautiful. The front desk was very friendly. The cleaning staff was very attentive and friendly. Loved the decor, and atmosphere. Very nice gym, very clean and up to date.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
sharon f, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The beautiful hotel combined with an incredible staff made our stay exceptional! Kudos to Diana who exemplifies outstanding service! Thanks for a memorable stay! There are several great restaurants/bars/jazz bar walking distance from the hotel - it was fun to go to each for a drink and appetizer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stay at this hotel EVERY time I am in Houston, and if the service and accommodations aren't great enough, just the whole VIBE of this place always makes me so happy and comfortable. The hotel is an old bank, I think, but they've done such a cool thing in renovating it to be modern, while still maintaining the classic feel of the old structure.

I always just stay in a regular one-bed room... and my room always has a beautiful view of downtown Houston and it's QUIET and that nice chilly hotel feeling that makes you want to lay in a warm bed all day!! Haha!

If you are in Houston on vacation or business or whatever... stay here. It's a Marriott, so you can get some great hotel points, and it's in the perfect location. Easy valet to get out and access to the highway. I'll stay here as long as it remains....

Room Tip: Higher floor is quieter. Even the one-bed rooms are big and have a couple of chairs for guests.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your nice comment. I have shared your comments with my team and we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business. What a beautiful hotel in the heart of Houston. It has great charm. Very old school, historical look and feel yet modern amenities. A great lobby restaurant and bar. Super comfortable bed and linens and huge bathroom.

This place is a winner. You should stay here!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
sharon f, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for your nice comment. The team is pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be your host hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel has a beautiful, inviting lobby with bar area serving great food. My room was very large, comfortable and thoughtfully designed, with an exceptional bathroom including a spacious shower with water cannon strength pressure. The design of the hotel includes many interesting and tasteful references to the local culture and history. Lastly, the staff is great - thanks Rita for help navigating to the rodeo!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
sharon f, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review for us. I have shared this with my team and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel was amazing and the people treat you special. I had bath salts brought to my room. I had a small issue with working the tub but I called down to the desk and they sent someone up within 5 minutes. I will stay here again and tell all my friends to.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. I have shared the review with my team and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for five nights while we were at a convention. The breakfast in the hotel lobby is just like the breakfast buffet at the Ritz Carlton. Everything is top notch. The staff working at the front desk are excellent especially Diana. She went out of her way to make sure everything was fine and all our questions were answered.

• Stayed: February 2014
sharon f, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I have shared your comments with the team and we hope that you get a chance to return soon.