1,341 results
All reviewsbank buildingdowntown houstonvault doorjetted tubfront deskrain showerbeautiful hotellarge showerthe penthousemetro railbars and restaurantslight railroom servicecorner roomvalet parkingmarriott propertymini bar
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had an early flight back to NYC from College Station—and while the Icon is not what you'd consider an "airport hotel," it is a huge step up from the usual dreary offerings. I'm not sure whether this hotel has recently been refurbished or is just remarkably well-maintained. Either way, our room was lovely and spacious with a gorgeous and well-provisioned bathroom. Staff are well-trained, friendly and helpful. The setting, in an historic area of Houston, is lovely. The ride to Bush Intercontinental Airport was less than 30 minutes—but beware if you try to do this much later than 5:30 a.m.

Room Tip: We made requests for feather free, extra pillows, and a high floor—all of which were honored. The area was not very busy on a Sunday night, so noise was not a factor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
sharon f, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you can return soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I hadn't been to Houston in years, so I jumped at a chance to stay with the girlfriend here for her work. Plus it's a Marriott property so more elite nights. When I got here last night, I liked this immediately. The hotel is an old bank building with big open spaces and a bit of an Art Deco look to it with lots of bright red things. We enjoyed a drink at the bar...a few texas beers on tap and some damn good truffle fries.

As for the room, it's hard to beat. Nice soaps and shampoos in a very spacious bathroom. My GF had mentioned how good the shower was, and no doubt, she hit on the mark. Lots of room in the tub and great pressure. I know it might be odd to point out a shower but after a long day and a flight from Dallas, it hit the spot. Spacious rooms with a lot of color to them.

In the morning, we were able to get a free shuttle to our convention...driver/valet was very friendly and helpful in that regard and this looks like a good service they offer to all guests.

Also, this is in an area of downtown where it's easy to walk to other things in downtown or hop on a light rail. No doubt, if we come back to Houston for anything again, I don't need to book anywhere else other than here. One of the nicer hotels I've been in in a long time. Keep it up...and a steal for the government rate.

Room Tip: Nice east view of minute maid park from room 1104
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ended up at the Icon because all of the convention hotels were full.....what a blessing in disguise!!! The staff greeted us by name during our entire stay. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast every morning, again staff was excellent! I was concerned about the cab rides to and from the Convention Center until I discovered the Icon offers free shuttle service! It was like having a private Limo. Our room was delightful - we should be so lucky as to have this Master Bath at home. Oh yea - within walking distance to the Metro. I'm ready to go back!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Houston and it was for business so I can't speak much to the location. However, the hotel itself was beautiful. Cool boutique environment with great rooms, nice amenities, good food. Only complaint is that the free internet connection was spotty and very slow. I'd come back here though, for business or fun.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Icon Houston in early February on business. After staying at the Downtown Convention Center Marriott Courtyard the previous week, and having a mediocre experience, I did not have high expectations. What a pleasant surprise I had.

The property is wonderful. From the professional greeting at valet parking, to the very friendly check-in, service was wonderful. I was assigned to a room immediately adjacent to the elevator upon check-in. I immediately called the front desk asking to be moved to a more quiet and secure location. Within minutes the bellman was at my door with the key to a new room in a lovely location. Great service.

The room was incredible - high ceilings, a large, comfortable bed with premium linens, lots of space to work and a bathroom, with soaking tub, that was the size of the last hotel room I stayed in. The room was quiet, although there was a bit of street noise in the am even though I was on a higher floor. I loved the rubber ducky with cowboy hat available for purchase (with proceeds to Toys for Tots) in the bathroom.

Room service was timely, with very good menu options and food quality.

This is now my favorite Houston hotel. I will definitely recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms greater than 3.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skiscubamom
sharon f, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014