“100% Amazing!!!”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“100% Amazing!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My stay was great. Hotel Icon's staff gets 100 out of 10 stars. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay amazing. The valet staff Great!! All of The staff at the front desk did a wonderful job taking care of us, especially Erica. I loved it. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Hockley, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous. The room is spacious and well decorated. The hotel staff which I interacted with (Erica and a few others like the vallet guy) were warm and welcoming. I only wish the view was a little better and that it was easier to find. The hotel is connected to a restaurant which is on the face which the address is for. So it was confusing getting there. (The drive in entrance for vallet is on Congress.)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank theroommate
College Station, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed just one night and wanted something near the Wortham Center. The hotel is in a landmark Houston building that once was a bank. (Look for the vault door behind the reception desk.) It's stylish and comfortable, with an impressive bathroom, as other reviewers note, and it was exceptionally quiet. The building has that solid and well-constructed feel of older buildings, with beautiful moldings and arched doorways. The service was the best I've had in a hotel in a while. And the drinks at the bar are worth trying, too--they make interesting mixes with Texas-made gin and vodka. Try it!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (11th) in a corner room and it was very quiet. Don't know what the oth...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was looking for something a little different in downtown Houston and came across the Hotel Icon (a member of the Marriott family of properties). It's located a little north of the central business area of downtown. The room I had was on the small side - but very nice and well appointed. The in-house restaurant was great, whoch was a good thing as there are few choices within easy - and safe - walking distance. But this property was very nice, friendly and helpful staff, etc... I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel, and I would definitely come back. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (especially Erica), the hotel rooms were very nice, and the food was great! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's really terrible when you can't find anything wrong at all with a Hotel. LOL So comfortable that you will not mind the parking fee which is a little high but excellent service. It is located in an amazing part Of Houston, TX (Theatre District). So many things to say and do just in a 3 mile radius. Which they do offer a Shuttle, but you will want to walk (if you can) because their is so much to see and do! I was very surprised that the room didn't make me miss my bed at home. It is a renovated Bank, which the Vault is directly behind the desk where you check in. The standard room is awesomely large and beyond what you would expect for the cheapest room they offer! I really want to see the other room's (Deluxe), and the security is the best I have seen Yet! You will not be dissapointed with this Hotel because it is a Vision in Itself!

Room Tip: All I can say is that I only paid a $129 a nite and felt like I got a Steal....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney B, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Jewell R,

We so appreciate your review of Hotel ICON. Being from Beaumont you can make frequent trips to say hi again soon. We will be rolling out some great holiday packages soon and the Nutcracker ballet is starting at the end of November at Wortham. Please contact me directly for your next reservation and we can get you into a Deluxe room so you can try out our relaxing whirlpool garden tub and rain shower.
Irvine, CA
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The Icon is a property in Mariott Hotels' "Autograph" collection. It's a splashy, opulent, boutique-style hotel right in the heart of Houston's downtown. The rooms are finely appointed, with the bathrooms the most impressive feature (I think the shower is the size of some hotels' bathrooms). I didn't care too much for the "disinfectant" smell in the room, but the comfy king sized bed made this forgivable. The red-colored gym on the first floor is about as unique as I've ever seen. If anything needed improvement, I'd have to say that I'd rather wished the desk staff and door staff were a little more crisp and professional. As it stood, the front of the hotel had too many bellhops not only idling but not having much of a clue of the surrounding areas when asked about whether "X" place was within walking distance. The desk staff may have simply been a little too informal for my taste, but it could be more a folksy, laid back Southern way of talking to guests than I am used to. As it stands, I am still looking forward to my next Icon visit.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear OCKevin,

Thank you for being our guest and for your review of Hotel ICON. I apologize for the disinfectant smell in your room and have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping team. We are also in the process of adding additional daily training to our staff about the surrounding area so your future questions can be answered more promptly and efficiently. You are correct that Hotel ICON does welcome guests as if they were arriving at our home. We strive to make guest experiences as individual as possible. We are happy to hear that you will be joining us again soon.