“Absolute gem in downtown houston. Fantastic room sizes and colors”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was checking into the Hotel Icon an Autography Collection for Sunday 9-24-2012. The lobby and check-in desk is beautiful. I love the extra large vault door behind the counter and the "Iconic" columns in the retaurant. The beautiful red doors to the room are a nice accent touch. The rooms rae decorated in a modern and contemporary decor. The bathroom is huge with a whirlpoo tub and extra large shower. I am not a fan of older hotels but this place feels brand new with all of the old school architectural charm.

The in house restaurant is a bit pricey but the food is definitely a 4/5. Great customer service. I like the personalized service and ambience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Enjoyed the extra friendly staff who went out of their way to make me and my family feel welcome in their hotel.

Room was perfect, spotless, and roomy. Staff responded to all requests well and quickly.

Would return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is very unique, in a great location and we got a great deal, but there were a few things that will keep us from staying here in the future. Although they have free wireless, the signal wasn't strong enough to connect in the room. Also we stayed for three nights and were out of the room during the day, and housekeeping NEVER came by. Fresh washcloths can go a long way.

1  Thank jlk251
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband I stayed for one night on the Kiss and Tell package. I can't say enough good things about the ICON. We travel A LOT and have stayed in very nice places...but I found this hotel to be both affordable and decadent. The staff is great, the room was excellent, and the area fabulous. We enjoyed a little Irish bar down the street, Sean McElory's. I highly recommend. I will be coming back to this hotel as soon as possible.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Service was excellent, environment was classy and relaxing. I would stay here again anytime! Mike the bar tender was friendly outgoing courteous and responsive. We loved the Benz shuttle, we were ridding in style!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The junior suite is spacious, quiet, with a comfortable king sized bed, rain shower, and jacuzzi tub for two. The Line & Lariate menu is full of variety and flavor. The staff is prompt, courteous, and friendly - eager to make the experience as stress free as possible. While the rooms are quiet w double paned windows, the view of downtown seems to allow stress to creep back in - fortunately the curtains close but it would have been nice to look outside and see trees instead of metro rail. All in all, the best hotel I've stayed in and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing retreat.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

You should be able to hear my applause from where you are....
Hotel Icon is now my hotel of choice in Houston. Unless this hotel is full...and they can't convince another guest to scoot over, I won't be staying at any other hotel when visiting Houston. The architecture is beautiful, the room was pristine and so comfortable and quiet, and the staff...oh my Lord, that staff! I stayed three nights and staff member I encountered ( from desk to valet to room service) treated me as if I were visiting royalty. They were invariably friendly, extremely helpful, and very very efficient. When i asked the concierge about the Houston metro rail, the man ( nice ostich boots, by the way) all but led me by the hand to the appropriate stop. Erica at the front desk ( who obviously has her own Tripsdvisor fan club) lived up to her advance press and simultaneously provided information, arranged a favor for me and ooohed over pictures of my grandsons. All of the staff were just that awesome. The reason for my visit was a small grandson's surgery. After long frightening stressful days at the hospital, the Hotel Icon was a peaceful and uplifting retreat. I will always stay here, if possible, whenever I visit Houston.