“Great location and rooms, not so great housekeeping.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #18 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Great location and rooms, not so great housekeeping.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is very unique, in a great location and we got a great deal, but there were a few things that will keep us from staying here in the future. Although they have free wireless, the signal wasn't strong enough to connect in the room. Also we stayed for three nights and were out of the room during the day, and housekeeping NEVER came by. Fresh washcloths can go a long way.

1 Thank jlk251

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband I stayed for one night on the Kiss and Tell package. I can't say enough good things about the ICON. We travel A LOT and have stayed in very nice places...but I found this hotel to be both affordable and decadent. The staff is great, the room was excellent, and the area fabulous. We enjoyed a little Irish bar down the street, Sean McElory's. I highly recommend. I will be coming back to this hotel as soon as possible.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Service was excellent, environment was classy and relaxing. I would stay here again anytime! Mike the bar tender was friendly outgoing courteous and responsive. We loved the Benz shuttle, we were ridding in style!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The junior suite is spacious, quiet, with a comfortable king sized bed, rain shower, and jacuzzi tub for two. The Line & Lariate menu is full of variety and flavor. The staff is prompt, courteous, and friendly - eager to make the experience as stress free as possible. While the rooms are quiet w double paned windows, the view of downtown seems to allow stress to creep back in - fortunately the curtains close but it would have been nice to look outside and see trees instead of metro rail. All in all, the best hotel I've stayed in and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing retreat.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

You should be able to hear my applause from where you are....
Hotel Icon is now my hotel of choice in Houston. Unless this hotel is full...and they can't convince another guest to scoot over, I won't be staying at any other hotel when visiting Houston. The architecture is beautiful, the room was pristine and so comfortable and quiet, and the staff...oh my Lord, that staff! I stayed three nights and staff member I encountered ( from desk to valet to room service) treated me as if I were visiting royalty. They were invariably friendly, extremely helpful, and very very efficient. When i asked the concierge about the Houston metro rail, the man ( nice ostich boots, by the way) all but led me by the hand to the appropriate stop. Erica at the front desk ( who obviously has her own Tripsdvisor fan club) lived up to her advance press and simultaneously provided information, arranged a favor for me and ooohed over pictures of my grandsons. All of the staff were just that awesome. The reason for my visit was a small grandson's surgery. After long frightening stressful days at the hospital, the Hotel Icon was a peaceful and uplifting retreat. I will always stay here, if possible, whenever I visit Houston.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a layover at Houston International Airport and didn't want to stay at another airport hotel. I chose to stay here and was really glad I did. The service staff were great, the hotel lobby fantastic and the rooms really nice (not large but reminiscent of a by-gone era in terms of decor yet with the updated amenities that one would expect). I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank tylerinvancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Between Erica at the front desk and our wonderful waiter Oscar the faculty at the Icon have made our stay wonderful and memorable. From the moment the valet took our vehicle we have encountered nothing but, smiling and curtious staff. I would recommend the icon to anyone planning on being in the downtown area.