“Pleasantly surprised, will stay with them again.”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #17 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 13, 2011

On June 9th and 10th three of my friends and I traveled to Houston to see our favorite baseball team, the St. Louis Cardinals, play the Houston Astros. I used TripAdvisor to locate hotels that were close to the downtown ballpark. The Icon Hotel was recommended and was eight blocks from Minute Maid Park. I booked two rooms for two nights and we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The central air conditioning was quite and keep the room nice and cool even with the outside temperature in the high nineties. We did not see any children during our stay, mostly young professionals in the bar area and lobby. We requested the hotel suttle us to the ballpark before the game and we walked back to the hotel after the game when the temperature had cooled down. We walked two blocks to The Spaghetti Warehouse for an excellent pregame meal. The Icon Hotel is located in an old bank building and has the feel of an expensive downtown hotel. Vallet parking is $28.00 per day with suttle service offered for in town trips.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BankguyArkansas
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed June 11, 2011

They really take care of you at the Icon. I stayed there for 2 nights, and they are doing some construction to the outside of the building, which is probably why the rate is low right now. The room itself was gorgeous, big comfy bed, lovely architecture, beautiful bathroom with big soaking tub and a shower with awesome water pressure. They have just about everything there for you, so dont worry about shampoo/conditioner/etc. They even have a "vanity" kit with q-tips in it. Loved that they had tea and honey in the room as well. If you forget something, just ask the front desk. I forgot a razor and they gave me 4!! Also, LOVED the big comfy red robe they provided.

If you want to go anywhere from the hotel, they will drive you there if its in the vicinity. All the employees were very pleasant. My only complaint was that my glasses were broken mysteriously while I was out of my room during the day. Its not a big deal, just one of the nose pads were broken off. Although uncomfortable to wear, i'm sure i can have it replaced for fairly cheap at my glasses store.

Overall, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank flutterby00
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My second stay, just in for one night and out, but first class all the way. Courtesy car for downtown area, attractive bar, and restaurant with very good food and friendly service. Easy, quick check in and out. Small but adequate business center is the only thing I have found not to be exceptional. For me, its the perfect fit between the large impersonal mega hotels and the slightly too personal boutique hotels. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank MovinOnAlong
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is a grand hotel for a couple of nights on business.

We were welcomed after check-in with a glass of wine and there was some great music playing in the background as we made our way to the lifts.

The room as smaller than anticipated but it was a fabulous room all the same. The furnishings were well maintained and the bathroom was very funky with lots of space and good lighting.

The bar was exceptional with some live music playing and good cocktails. Perfect for what seemed like a night out, but was actually a night in.

Would recommend staying here and would happily stay again at this great place!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank citisurfer
Reviewed June 7, 2011

After a problematic check-in (room we reserved was not available as confirmed the day or two prior arrival) the staff quickly made amends at every opportunity. Naris, the bellman, was amazing with us. Attentive & entertaining the entire visit, especially with our son. The front desk was exceptional at accommodating our needs and the renovation taking place has been very well done. Although there was outside construction going on the exterior of the hotel, it was not interruptive to our stay. Our room, 1212 was gorgeous and generous in space with lovely amenities.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JamieKF
Reviewed May 29, 2011

2 nights here for business plus fun with my family. We walked to Minute Maid park for an Astros game from the Icon. This is a gorgeous hotel. We booked a room w/2 double beds. Very tall ceilings, good a/c, very quiet on the 4th floor even though right next to elevator. Clean room and up to date. Valet parked my rental car and found the garage staff quick and pleasant to deal with - also, the Icon has an affordable breakfast buffet - $8 p/p and lots of great options with it. Of special note: (a) Othon, the fellow working the breakfast service. So friendly and attentive to detail. and (b) Salma, front desk guru, very friendly and helpful with regards to our boarding pass needs. The lobby bar looks like a lot of fun - busy with guests both nights. This is a great downtown hotel!

2  Thank samsmom2006
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Just got back from Houston trip and a 2-night stay at the Hotel ICON. From the street you can’t really identify the hotel, which I find out later, is why so many celebrities stay at this hotel. Un assuming hotel this is not! Once in the auto Cade the hotel unveils itself as a top notch Houston Hotel that likes to be on the DL and does need to boost its superior service.

Firstly, I have to thank Cheryl on the front desk. She is an amazing hotel professional – Cheryl is personable, helpful and welcoming without any air of superficiality. She framed the entire stay where nothing was a problem. This transpired to all the staff from Bellman to Room Service. The Staff at this hotel are spot on and carry the charm of this well designed lodging. Old school Houston meets London Club is very much the interior tone of the public spaces and rooms. My room was great – huge corner room with vestibule and fantastic bathroom complete with rain shower. This room was truly comfortable which starts to confirm my thoughts on avoiding new design hotels, which just say “We are fabulous but you wont be comfortable!” The rooms, like the hotel, are clean and well maintained and not showing any age. The restaurant and bar is excellent and I ate there through out my stay. They have a shuttle (a huge Cadillac)which will take you anywhere at any time and again with the drivers having a great attitude.

I think I have to go back to Cheryl as she really set this hotel up as a great business retreat with her fantastic professional attitude. So many hotels could learn something from her. Thanks Cheryl I will be back!

3  Thank sastudio