“Excellent Staff (but one)”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #7 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Was here for an annual meeting held at the Hilton. This is a well appointed hotel. Our room overlooked Discovery Green, a very nice 12 acre city park around which the convention center and ball field are located. There are a variety of dining options in the facility with typically high priced food. Other dining options are several short blocks away. What stood out was the very pleasant staff here, from maintenance, housecleaning to concierge. To a person they were engaging, knowledgeable and pleasant...among some of the best I've seen. This is true of all but one. I believe her name was Lark at the front desk. Her demeanor was condescending and I perceived the information she gave was less than truthful. That one small mark did not diminish our stay. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north, north east, overlooking Discovery Green are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear philomundi,

Thank you for highlighting our engaging, knowledgeable and pleasant staff on TripAdvisor. We are pleased your stay was of the highest rating and that you would return.

We will review your feedback with our team.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,931)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with great features but the best part of the stay was the staff. They were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to help in whatever way possible. The staff was courteous and polite- definitely top notch!
The one problem we had was that they are currently upgrading the locks so our room key did not work for the pool area. They fixed this quickly by simply giving us an extra key set for the pool area- no questions asked!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear K J,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team. Our apology for the key issue as we have been upgrading our lock system to improve the safety and security of our guests. Not that easy in an occupied hotel but glad we were able to recover. Once we are fully completed it will e a much better experience for our guests. We appreciate your understanding.

We appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

during my recent stay Blanca at the front desk was very helpful on accommodating my request to be able to have my customers and I watch the World cup, not only we were all very gratefull but the room service tab was an added revenue that would not have happen if we had to go somewhere else.... hats off for a job well done, congratulations Blanca... sincerely victor

Sear victor o,

Thank you for recognizing Blanca who assisted you and your colleagues.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently stayed at Hilton Americas for a business function the first week in June 2014. The hotel rate, amenities and service were outstanding. During my stay, the restaurant, Pappsitos, had just opened during my stay. My party never had to wait to be seated and our food was arrived quickly--hot and fresh. The food served both at the restaurants and room service were outstanding. Everything I needed was easily available.

Additionally, the hotel offers a shuttle service to a local 24-hour pharmacy if you needed something that you could not get at the gift store. As for my business needs, the meeting rooms were always clean and set up properly for our sessions throughout the week. Lastly, I was able to attend an Astros baseball game during my stay. I felt safe walking and from the two blocks to the hotel. Security around the hotel is outstanding. Overall, my stay was wonderful! I would definitely recommend this hotel for both leisure and business needs.

Dear rolltide424,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay with others on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed the many great amenties we have to offer our guests as well as the recent opening of Pappasito's Cantina...a first in any hotel.

We are grateful for your business and for your feedback.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here for a conference w/my husband and LOVED it! It was not cheap (and parking was $18/night) but the service was excellent and the room was great. Loved the comfy bed, cleanliness and work desk. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone. The gym is great and everything looks very new. Very close to lots of good restaurants!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear NicoleHT,

Thank you for sharing your excellent stay on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read and for your recommendation. Our Waldorf Astoria bedding has been very popular.

We hope to have you back for another conference or for leisure.

We appreciate you and your husband staying with us.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Hilton provides good service, clean rooms and comfortable and clean linen. There are great toiletries and excellent housekeeping services. The only downside is that unlike the Marriot ,it does not offer a complimentary bottle of water in the rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Abiola I,

Thank you for recognizing the service you received during your stay. We do offer water for all Hilton Honors Diamond, Gold and Silver members as well as guests staying in our Executive Level rooms. Additionally, we would be more than happy to provide this when requested through our guest service hotline.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again...and providing water.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thank you to JACQUES D'ROVENCOURT I Hotel Manager and all of his staff for an wonderful stay. I am an airline employee who travels frequently and I must say the Hilton Americas - Houston truly impressed me. The hotel was beautiful. The roof top indoor pool and outdoor terrace had amazing views! Our checkin agent was so helpful, pleasant and professional. The room was a good size and very clean!! The shuttle drivers took us anywhere downtown and were so friendly! The most impressive part of my stay was Mr. D'Rovencourt was at the front desk when I checked out. I asked him if he was the hotel manager of which he responded "yes". He politely listened to me go on and on about the excellent service I received during my stay. When I arrived home, there was an email from him thanking me for my remarks. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and I hope that you have the same experience I did!! Five Star service!!!

Room Tip: On the hotel's direct website was a tab - Room Specials. We were able to stay on the Executive...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends