“5-Star Experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
College Station, United States
“5-Star Experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was here for a business group event and was extremely satisfied with the experience. Clean and comfortable rooms with extremely attentive staff. The ballroom for the event as well as the bar area in the hotel was top-notch, and every inch of the hotel spoke of professionalism mixed with calm and warmth to make any guest feel comfortable. Not a single problem (except Houston traffic, though cannot blame the hotel for that) and would highly recommend this location to any wishing to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Richard P,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience at the Hilton Americas-Houston with others.

We know there are choices when coming to Houston and we are grateful for you staying with us when attending your conference.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This place is great! Rooms are very nice, spacious, and clean at all times. Front desk are very helpful and courteous. Hotel restaurant's breakfast was great! It is a buffet style but everything looked fresh and they had an omelet maker as well. Plenty of things to do in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DaPeoplesBarber_com
Dear DaPeoplesBarber_com
Thank you for sharing your great experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice. First time my first choice was easy as I was attending a convention which is connected to the hotel. But post my first stay, I preferred staying at this hotel again. Hilton downtown is a dead place for night life and vibrancy but this hotel is quite happening. Like Texas where every thing is big and grand, Hilton America is true Texas hotel, grand and well spread. Large lobby, spacious rooms, good dinning option, multiple wings and connected entry to convention centre. Even thought it is a large hotel, staff are efficient and prompt. Check was smooth, room was as per request and service prompt. I used the hotel for various meeting and it was well organized. Lobby restaurant had good selection of food and drinks.
Love to keep coming back to this hotel on my visits to Houston, Texas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deepak S,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for recognizing our prompt and efficient service.

We do hope you continue to stay with us when visiting Houston.

Martinez, California
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Cavernous. Really? Is that the best I can do? Give me a minute I'm warming up! I travel to Houston on company business a couple of times a year. Thankfully I am privileged to be able to stay at the Hilton Americas - Houston. Yes, walk around the first 3 floors yourself and see if it isn't cavernous. Now repeat that almost hourly attending an event there for a week and you'll agree there's a lot of square footage to cover. But wait... there's more. The hotel sits across from the George R. Brown Convention Center and if you really want to see what cavernous looks like schlep on over there for a look-see. When they say everything's big in Texas they aren't kidding. For some reason this isn't listed as Houston's best hotel; I'm biased, I think it's the best. Capable of hosting multiple large events simultaneously while lodging the attendees in pretty high style is nothing to shrug at. A hotel room is pretty much a hotel room, but the difference is in the ambiance, fixtures, amenities and service. High thread counts, comfortable beds and bedding, flat screen TV's, in-room safes, nice bathrooms, prompt and friendly housekeeping and hospitality services and other touches I suspect are all hallmarks of what makes staying at the Hilton Americas - Houston different from staying elsewhere. This properties indoor pool and hot tub on the top floor are wonderful places to enjoy, specially when there's a thunderstorm going on outside. Is the hotel perfect? No, it's definitely been lived in and upgrades are being made along the way. Time after time I am pleasantly reminded every stay that I just stayed at a Hilton. I've stayed other places and quickly forgotten about them.

Room Tip: A room about 5-8 doors from the elevator lobby is convenient. Any closer and you may think your in...
Green Features: The hotel has guidance for environmentally conscious guests who like to re-use towels, etc. to follow. Housekeeping is attention to follow that guidance based on guest behavior.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Introspicere,

Thank you for providing such great detail on your experience at the Hilton Americas Houston and highlighting our ambiance, amenities, service, high thread counts, comfortable beds and bedding, flat screen TV's, in-room safes, nice bathrooms, prompt, friendly housekeeping and hospitality services.

We certainly appreciate you stay with us and we do hope we are your hotel of choice when visiting Houston. We look forward to your return.

Ridgecrest, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is located in the middle of everything and the rooms are very quiet. I was able to walk to restaurants and bars conveniently. The traffic is heavy downtown and I don't know of a better location. There was a Houston Rockets playoff game the last night of my stay and I didn't hear any noise. I only wish they offered free in room wifi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Paul R,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting our clean, quiet rooms and convenient location.

We appreciate your business and hope to be your hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Hilton Americas is a great location for downtown activities & events. It is right next to Discovery Green, George R Brown Convention Center, downtown shopping & restaurants. The rooms were clean & comfortable, staff were very pleasant. I actually live in Houston but stayed there overnight after attending a concert at Toyota Center, which is just across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Discovery Green have a great view of the park.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear akh1000,

Thank you for highlighting our clean and comfortable rooms, pleasant staff and great location on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I book this hotel for a weekend getaway for my partners Birthday weekend and place was great everyone was very friendly. I booked the Executive Suite, which included Breakfast, Internet, and Parking package which was great highly recommend. This was my first time in Houston for more the just a one day stay. Loved the Hotel always look and felt great everyone was very helpful. I wish that I would have gotten a nicer welcoming to the hotel like I requested to have a piece of a cake to be in my room that sad "Happy Birthday Weekend to my Partner" but could not have that done for some reason. Which was strand I did not wanted to be free was planning to pay for it but was not available which was strand to me management need to look into providing such service - but hotel ended up being very nice and almost boutique! Service was good and rooms were really nice. Check-in line was quick. Was a bit confusing getting from the elevators to the parking but a sweet employee in the house cleaning department pointed us in the right direction - loved her!...

Room Tip: Get the package deal I stay with the Breakfast, Internet, and self parking with Executive Suite pack...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jagtx
Dear Jagtx,

Thank you for your sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that your stay was very enjoyable but we also need do apologize for the difficulty in receiving the birthday welcome you had requested. This should have been taken care of seamlessly and we are looking into this.

We appreciate you staying with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.