“International Quilt Festival”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Antonio, United States
“International Quilt Festival”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been coming to the International Quilt Festival for many years. I do not know my way around Houston very well and have stayed in many hotels in the area in the past years. Last year I had the opportunity to spend one night at your hotel and will never stay anywhere else. It was convenient to the George Brown Convention Center. It was pouring down rain one day and I was thankful not to be out in the traffic and on the streets walking. Your buffets during the event were convenient and selection and quality of food was wonderful. I admit the staff in the buffet area seemed to be in training, however some obviously had been there for a long time and extremely proffesional. Not only helping customers, but helping train staff as well. I know they were working long hours and they were always cheerful and helpful. I have recommended this hotel to many friends and I will return in years to come.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Sherrill N,

Thank you for staying with us during the 2013 International Quilts Festival and recommending us to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back for the 2014 International Quilts Festival or sooner.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'm a Diamond member with Hilton so I stay at Hilton properties approx. 30 nights a year, that said this property is one of the best.
The property is in great condition from the moment you arrive you get the feeling that it recently opened and is new. Great staff, I was really impressed by the housekeeping dept.....attention to detail friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Remy12,

Thank you for recognizing our great, hard working housekeeping team on the service they provided you during your stay with us.

We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide and look forward to have you back with us again soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Americas and all I can say is you definitely get what you pay for. The staff was wonderful. Room service was excellent. Check in and out was smooth as silk. I would definitely go again. The only negative that never makes sense to me is that you have to pay for wi-fi in the high end hotels and not in lower end.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ty_TX2013 ,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review and highlighting our team, room service and the check in process.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return next year or sooner.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

When my friends and I checked into the hotel we had some issues with the room card machine. Upon receiving the cards we went to our room...however, there was already someone there.. The hotel manager, Jacques D'Rovencourt came to our rescue. Not only did he change our rooms without having to go back to the front desk, he also put on us the same floor as our friends (which we requested at check-in). We saw him periodically during the festival and he was always professional and courteous. He certainly exemplifies what I would hope to find in a Hotel Manager where ever I stay.

ALL the staff that we encountered during our stay were courteous and welcoming. The restaurant although extremely busy was well run and the staff were very professional. The beds were extremely comfortable. We look forward to our next visit to the hotel for Quilt Festival 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 642kathleenc
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Rooms are extremely clean. Marble wrap-around desk area in standard room. Over-sized bathroom. Large flat-screen TV. Plenty of lighting and extra plug-ins for electronics. Great location. There were a few conventions when I was there -- I never waited for an elevator. Staff was extremely helpful. A very nice business hotel. I heard complaints that the room wi-fi is not free, but I am an HHonors member - so it was complimentary.

Room Tip: My room was quiet - I don't know of a bad area for rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dan S,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience with other travelers.

We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Worldwide.

Kearney, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very nice and all the staff were incredibly nice. The room was clean and comfortable. It is very conveniently located to the convention center. It was great to have UPS office right there in the hotel. I had a lot of things that needed to be shipped back home. The box was heavy and the bell service helped me get it to the UPS office. He waited while I took care of shipping then took my bags to the lobby for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sandra Y,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending the International Quilt Festival. I had some issues with credit card billing and the hotel manager, Jacques D'Rovencourt, was attentive and worked with me to solve the problem. When I had to leave early due to illness he was polite and caring and followed up after I returned home.

The hotel staff is professional and caring and very interested in customer comfort. The room was lovely with a wonderfully comfortable bed and a handicapped accessible bathroom which I had requested.

My friend and I ate in the restaurant several times and the wait staff were polite and very attentive.

I am looking forward to staying at this hotel again next year for the Quilt Festival.

1 Thank michelelasker