I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights due to a conference at the convention center. And after attending many conferences over the years, I must say this is the best business conference hotel experience I've ever had. Car valet check-in was smooth and quick. I was done and on my way to my room after only 5 minutes at front desk. Elevators were speedy and uncrowded despite the hotel being sold out. And my room was spacious with a great view of the city of downtown Houston. The common areas were beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean.
I would stay here on vacation as well due to all the great amenities. Finally, I felt compelled to double my usual tip because of the room service. Not only did they do all the normal cleaning, but actually picked up my stray t-shirts and socks and placed them away in a laundry bag for me. For some reason, that seemed like a nice extra to me.
Finally, the hotel bar was hopping and the typical bar food hit the spot with beer and drinks. Make sure you try the hot wings.
I hate that high end hotels such as this one still charge for wi-fi but HIlton Americas has some kind of agreement with service providers like AT&T to make it free for you if you log into your account. I am happy with that alternative.
The only negative to me was the high cost of valet parking: $32 for parking in downtown Houston is too steep. We aren't talking about NYC here. sheesh!
Otherwise, a great hotel for both business and pleasure. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton