“Excellent hotel stay for business or fun”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #7 of 510 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Redwood City, California
“Excellent hotel stay for business or fun”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights due to a conference at the convention center. And after attending many conferences over the years, I must say this is the best business conference hotel experience I've ever had. Car valet check-in was smooth and quick. I was done and on my way to my room after only 5 minutes at front desk. Elevators were speedy and uncrowded despite the hotel being sold out. And my room was spacious with a great view of the city of downtown Houston. The common areas were beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean.
I would stay here on vacation as well due to all the great amenities. Finally, I felt compelled to double my usual tip because of the room service. Not only did they do all the normal cleaning, but actually picked up my stray t-shirts and socks and placed them away in a laundry bag for me. For some reason, that seemed like a nice extra to me.
Finally, the hotel bar was hopping and the typical bar food hit the spot with beer and drinks. Make sure you try the hot wings.

I hate that high end hotels such as this one still charge for wi-fi but HIlton Americas has some kind of agreement with service providers like AT&T to make it free for you if you log into your account. I am happy with that alternative.

The only negative to me was the high cost of valet parking: $32 for parking in downtown Houston is too steep. We aren't talking about NYC here. sheesh!

Otherwise, a great hotel for both business and pleasure. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Reg C,

Thank you for providing such a detailed review on your great experience for us to share with our team.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were spoiled as we got a deal with hotwire and got a very good price. We liked the location, the cosiness of the room, the internet was fast, the staff friendly and the room clean! no complaints at all.

The shuttle will take you anywhere downtown and not far from the train either. No noise in the room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mariehp,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and your complements on our team and the room you stayed in.

We are only coming up on 10 years in operation and all of our guest rooms and most of our public spaces have been recently renovated. In addition, we continue to upgrade the hotel each year.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

West Hartford, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was great! This was my first time to Houston, and customer service was awesome. Everyone was attentive, and very caring, and friendly. We also had a reception and the sales staff were great and very attentive, and did everything they could to make us happy. I would come to this hotel again for another event!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Nicole F,

Thank you for having your event with us and recognizing our team. Pleased your first trip to Houston and stay was great.

We look forward to your return.

Seabrook, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a very nice and upscale hotel. Located very close to lots of downtown "to do's". Spa is a must, massages or the signature pedicure are definitely worth it. The bar has great appetizers (spinach and artichoke dip, empanadas, and the sweet potato fries). The Grove is located right across the street. Delish food there as well. This is walking distance from the House of Blues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Charles S,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with our Spa, restaurant/bar offerings and location. Fun and relaxing.

We look forward to your return for another exciting stay-cation.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for one night at the same time as a large conference. The staff was friendly and helpful. I asked for an extended check which was given with no problem. The concierge held my bags until I was ready to head back to the airport. The room was fine. Good sized TV, spacious bathroom. Everything was clean. I ate breakfast on site. It was pricey but not moreso than any other similar hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear leebaker00,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you once again.

SAN
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel was connected to the convention center and it has several ballrooms, and meeting space for conferences. The staff was outstanding! Everyone I encountered was personal, pleasant, professional, and exceptionally friendly. I interacted with the personnel of thebell cap staff, the gift shop, the restaurant, the concierge, the front desk, shuttle drivers, the workers in the hallway. I was so impressed by the staff.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 16th floor. All floors are conveniently located and easily acessible to the elevato...
Dear TravelSANlady ,

Thank you for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and specifically mentioning specific departments that stood out as exceptional during your stay.

It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your return.

Houston, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hilton Americas provides a spacious room and access to downtown Houston events and restaraunts. The lobby is nicely decorated, and also very spacious. The staff are attentive and helpful and I would recommend a stay at the hotel for anyone with business downtown. Access to the Galleria for shopping was a better than expected 10 minute drive off peak hours.

Dear Waylon W,

Thank you for highlighting our helpful, attentive team and very convenient location.

We appreciate your recommendation to others and for your business.

We look forward to your return.