“Nice staff and facilities”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #7 of 511 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Colorado
“Nice staff and facilities”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came to Houston on business and stayed here for several days. The hotel is clean and the rooms are beautiful. The pool and gym facilities are easy to acces and in very good condition. They were open early and late so I was able to take advantage after a full day's work, which was much appreciated!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear pbertucc,

Thank you for recognizing our team, guest rooms and clean facilities on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 23, 2013

THis was a GREAT hotel to celebrate our anniversary this past weekend. THe Hotel staff was very friendly and met all of our requests for our anniversary. They were very nice to gift us with a bottle of wine and free breakfast for our celebration.

Everything is clean and neat! It is in a great location for bars and great resturants.

THank you HIlton! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from elevators :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mueller1500
Dear Mueller1500,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor and for spending your anniversary with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

London
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Satyed here for one night on a recent business trip to Houston, i was travelling with a colleague and we had access to the executive lounge on the club level. The manager of the lounge was incrediby helpful making our stay much more relaxing. great rooms, good views of the city, very well air conditioned and close to everything you need in Houston. Great swimming pool on the top of the hotel too. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Clubs rooms are worth the extra for access to the lounge to relax.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Barney70,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor and complimenting our team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I received this hotel via a Priceline bid and was very pleased after seeing the reviews. Upon checking in I asked the clerk (Christopher) twice, to please not to put me in a room with a connecting door since I had a bad experience with that, he must of not have listened as he ended up putting me in one anyway so then I had to go all the way back down, wait in another line then I got this clerk (Katie) and I asked if she could move me, she had a bit of an attitude but at least I got put in a nice spacious room without a connecting door. Other than that little snafu at check-in the rest of the staff from the gym, housekeeping were very pleasant. This is one of the nicest Hiltons I've stayed at, and you can't beat the views.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing downtown Houston.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear p51mustangcaf,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for your check in experience which we have shared with our team.

We appreciate you staying with us as well as your compliments of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I am usually not a fan of the hotels in this price category. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff were friendly, the hotel room was modern, and most importantly, the room was quiet. We also had a decent view. With that said, I still think these hotels are too expensive. We stayed here for a conference and paid a nightly rate of $221. My employer paid for it as I would never pay that much for a hotel room unless it had an extremely good view (e.g., Niagara Falls). I am always dumb founded how hotels like this do not offer free Wifi in the rooms and lower-tier hotels, like Holiday Inn Express, do.

I only have a few complaints. First, the room could have been cleaned a bit better. You could see dust build up in certain areas of the room, like the top of the make-up mirror, the corners of the carpet, on the carpet near the furniture, and under the curtains. This is problematic when you have small children like us. Second, they did not have Disney Channel (again, the children). Third, paying for parking was confusing. We parked in the garage and they did not charge it to the room. I asked when I left about it and was told to just tell the garage attendant when we checked in. We did that and the attendant seemed somewhat confused. There has to be a better way of paying for parking than this.

Overall, an average hotel, but better than most in this price category.

Stayed April 2013
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear kandkwed,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor. Our apology for the challenges you encountered and we have shared this with our team.

We encourage our guests to provide feedback during their stay via our Guest Services Hotline in order to be able to correct any deficiencies in order to make it a great stay.

Thank you for staying with us and again our apology.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip (conference) to Houston. Overall, the hotel was a solid choice. The work-out facilities were amazing and the hotel restaurant was decent (good breakfast buffet choices). The hotel is also very close to the basketball arena, baseball stadium and some restaurants. My only complaint is that I did not receive a room with the bed I requested in my researvation and despite my inquiries, the staff were not very interested in helping fix the situation. Generally, I also continue to be annoyed with having to pay in-room internet fees at some Hilton's ($15 per day!).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear ProfessorPlum2011,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the accommodation you requested was not available and not met with concern.

Complimentary internet is available for all Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond level status, in our Executive Level rooms and in the hotel lobby for all guests. In addition, complimentary internet is also available for all AT&T U-verse customers.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Aberdeen
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First time in Houston & this is a superb hotel.
Breakfast was amazing loads to choose from, and service was tip top.
I particularly loved the gym & pool, what a great view of all the surrounding buildings.
Location wise not sure how much is round about as got taxis everywhere but seemed quite central.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear RubyLady,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.