Hilton Americas - Houston
$127
$239
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$161
  • Room Service
$169
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
$105
galahotels.com
3,090 results
All reviewsconvention centertoyota centerthe executive loungediscovery greenminute maid parksky bridgegreat hotellarge hotelattending a conferencehouse of blueslobby barwithin walking distanceself parkingdowntown areaastros gameindoor poolbusiness trip
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Because of availability, I had to book another hotel for my first night in town. After that, I checked into the Hilton. As soon as I stepped into the lobby, I was impressed - this was in a different class than the hotel I had just left. The lobby has a pleasant scent and it is elegantly decorated. There are many places to sit along with a coffee/bakery kiosk, a restaurant, and some gift shops. The staff in the lobby area was very friendly and accomodating. My room was nice - it was in a corner area so I think it was larger than other standard rooms. It did cost $15/day for wifi, so that was a little disappointing but I guess that's what you get at higher end hotels. It was soooo easy to walk to the GBR conference center from here - there is an indoor skywalk bridge on both the 2nd and 3rd floors. I'd recommend this to others who are in Houston for conferences.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear kemahone,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Americas during your recent visit to Houston and for your recommendation to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here during the recent AQS Quilt Show. Hotel was extremely busy but always attentive. Room was excellent. Quiet, clean and comfortable. Despite being fully booked at the time, the staff was always pleasant and quick to respond to our needs. If I had any complaint, it would be the price of meals. A bit expensive and there was no way to get a quick easy and inexpensive bite to eat. However, that said, I would recommend the hotel to anyone doing business in downtown Houston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Dennis P ,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

Your recognition of our team and guest rooms are appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a great room. Staff is friendly. Concierge level was great - large area, not cramped as in some locations. If you are at a conference, the location is perfect, and you can walk to a good number of restaurant options.
Air conditioner (this is Houston, it's important!) worked well - very quiet.
Giant big bathroom.
Warning: check your bill carefully. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I get complimentary internet: "just charge to your room, and it will be subtracted from the bill". Luckily, I did review my bill, called about the charge, :(, got it removed, logged onto the internet, and got charged again!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be in good locations.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear barbara h,

Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and sorry about the internet charges that mistakingly kept appearing on your bill. We have reviewed this wiith out team in order to get this corrected.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Hilton made my trip to the International Quilt Show perfect. I enjoyed the valet parking,
the hotel staff and the restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. The in room coffee
would be the only negative comment that I could make.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marilyn D

Dear Marilyn D,

Thank you for selecting us to be your hotel of choice during the Quilts Market and Festival.

We will continue to work to never disappoint.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed 5 days on Business. The hotel has good rooms/amenities and a good fitness center. Minor items: bed too soft for my liking, water hammer in the shower, some of the treadmills in the fitness center did not have all functions working (heart rate). Location is nearby Minute Maid Park and Toyotoa Center, is relatively convenient to the downtown tunnel system and to Metrorail, and is connected to the convention center, Parking is in the parking garage behind the Hotel. After you check-in, the room key lets you in and out for the garage for the one daily rate ($19). The parking is good until 5 pm on the day of departure. If you want shopping and a wider variety of restaurants, I would prefer the Galleria area. If you are coming for the Medical Center, I would stay closer. It is probably about half an hour by Metrorail to the Medical Center.

Dear Tom1397,

Thank you for your feedback. As quality is very important to us, we will surely have the heart rate monitors checked and fixed on our fitness center machines.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.