I'll start with the best - the staff. From house cleaning to management these folks are outstanding. They are always there to assist you (but not in an overbearing way). They are all genuinely friendly and just nice people. I can't find enough good things to say about them. The people make the place, thus the title of my review.
I have spent over 60 nights this year at this hotel and consider it the very best hotel I have every been at. I say this from several perspectives (starting with the staff, above). The ground floor is stunning. The massive open area is very impressive and compares well with all but the most exclusive 5-star hotels. It is truly world class.
This is a convention hotel and when it is busy there are people milling about everywhere. This can be a form of entertainment in itself. There are places one can go to escape all the noise and commotion when one needs some quiet time so don't feel intimidated by this aspect.
The breakfast is amazing. The food is gourmet quality. The fruits are freshiest and tastiest I've had. Even something as simple as scrambled eggs is a real treat. Don't miss it. It is well worth the price.
The location is great. It is next to convention, baseball, and basketball/concert venues. One can walk to most downtown places, but a cab is immediately available at the whistle of the bell captain. The LRT is within an easy walk, and it goes all the way to Reliant Stadium.
This hotel is not cheap, but you get what you pay for (world class) - the best staff in the business, gourmet food, some great rooms with great views, tranportation on demand, and a home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton