“Nice hotel in a good location”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #8 of 516 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Austin, Texas
“Nice hotel in a good location”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend trip to see an Astros game. Hotel was about a 10 minute walk to the ballpark. Parking was expensive, even self park was $19. Had a king room on an executive floor. Rooms were clean and comfortable with large flat screen tv and nice bathroom. Only room complaint was there were only 2 bath towels, so had to call for more. Lots of restaurants and bars within a few blocks so no need to eat at the overpriced hotel restaurants. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear crhdmb,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are sorry you needed to call for additional towels. In the future, you may request additional towels at the time of your reservation so we may have them ready for you in your room upon arrival.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a quick weekend trip to Houston to visit family. We stayed at the Hilton Americas. It is a nice, clean hotel. There seemed to be quite a few events going on at the hotel. The hotel hosted the Miss Texas pagent. There was also a magicians conference. It was a very eclectic mix of guests. We had a good time people watching!

The hotel itself is adjacent to the convention center and located close to several restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly.

I recommend the Hilton Americas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear hopeful74,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff and clean rooms – important components for a great stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Oklahoma
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having a sky-way attached to the convention center was nice. There were several bars and restaurants so no need to leave the hotel. I ate at both restaurants - they of course weren't cheap but very good service and food. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the "pavilions" for nightlight and across from several nice parks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank welltraveledOkie
Dear welltraveledOakie,

Thank you for your review and highlighting our great location including the only Houston hotel connected to the George R. Brown via two air conditioned sky bridges.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the Jr. Olympics. The rooms were very nice and ours had a great view of downtown. Beds are soft & comfortable and the maid service was prompt & efficient. I arranged a group dinner at The Cafe for our party of 30 and they were very accommodating. The food & service were very good and varied for our mixed group of adults & children. The best part was the short, air-conditioned walk to the convention center!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank amj33436
Dear amj33436,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure hosting you and the 2012 AAU Junior Olympic Games in Houston.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Hilton Americas is attached to the convention center with an air-conditioned walk way! The room was expensive, but worth it- I had the most relaxing convention experience ever because it was so easy to get back and forth. FYI: there are 2 towers- my room was in the tower farthest from the convention center. If I knew that ahead of time, I would have asked for a room in the other tower. However- I was completely satisfied with my room.
The front desk staff were absolutely wonderful- they upgraded my room to the executive floor, so there was free breakfast each morning, drinks all day, and cocktails and snacks at night. The staff in the lounge were so friendly and gracious, the food varied and delicious, and the drinks plentiful. I looked forward to my visit to the lounge at the end of the day.

The business center is also a UPS store, and is open from 7 am to 7 pm but your room card provides 24/7 access.

The restaurants in the hotel are EXPENSIVE- so I walked around the area and found lots of dining options. I LOVED PHOENICA just 2 blocks away- an international grocery with a restaurant- huge variety of cheap food- deli, hot food to go, restaurant with nightly specials, and more, more , more.
The hotel has a shuttle- for access to shopping and meals in the area. The stop for the local bus to the huge mall is just down the street.

I took the super shuttle to and from the airport- and did not need a car the whole time I was in Houston. The super shuttle was great- not as well-organized as other cities- but it worked.
Make sure you check with your airline for the gate assignment for departure. Fortunately, I used the sky cap outside when the shuttle pulled up, and he let me know I should get back on the shuttle to go to the right terminal. United changed my gate to a different terminal and it would have been a L O N G walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to the executive floor. They executive lounge has substantial food for break...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank passportandgo
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear passportandgo,

Thank you for such a detailed review. We were pleased to read of your experience at our hotel and that you had the opportunity to go out and see the City and enjoy the local attractions.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I shared a less than positive experience, ok a terrible experience, at this hotel quite some time ago. I have since stayed there again and would like to rewrite my opinion of the place.

First of all, I write my reviews almost immediately after a visit somewhere. I travel often, and figure it is best to do it immediately while all of the details are fresh in my mind.

My last visit to the Hilton Americas was awful. The room and facility were amazing, however, the staff was terrible. Without a complaint from me, I was contacted regarding the feedback I left on tripadvisor.com and the folks at the Hilton wanted me to think it was an isolated incident and that the folks I had ecountered were just having a bad day.

Frankly, I was suprised to have been contacted by them. I hesitated to want to stay there again, but, they sweetend the deal and I caved. I decided I would give them a shot on one of my next jaunts to Houston.

I am glad that I did. They staff that I dealt with were all friendly and certainly gave the impression that they really cared about my stay and my comfort while at the hotel. Given the great staff I had the fortune of working with and the spectacular property, I would say that my stay at the Hilton Americas was, without a doubt, first class.

Take the time while in Houston to check out a beautiful hotel that is convenient to the entire Houston Metro area. Relax in a great bed in an incredibly well appointed room and certainly take the time to enjoy the fantasic restaurants on property.

Kudos to the staff here, they turned a really upset customer into a loyal customer that will be back as soon as it is possible.

Room Tip: Great rooms and the onsite steakhouse is fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear peakload,

Thank you very much for allowing us another opportunity to show you how much we have improved since you last experience.

We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our team and the service they provided you.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall, this hotel is nice. But, hardly worth the $200 a night I paid on a recent one night trip over to the Houston area for a football game. I had high hopes to stay at the visiting team hotel to truly make it a fan experience. I called numerous hotels who told me to check with the Hilton Americas. I eventually spoke with the hotel manager who explained they are a "preferred NFL team hotel". While I understand they can not tell me who is staying at the hotel, they can certainly tell me who isn't, and they had no problem mentioning that the "Home team" was staying and The Rolling Stones stayed just a week prior. Unfortunately, my team was not staying at this hotel and I was suckered into thinking they were.
The staff was not very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. My wife and I were looking for lunch and led on a wild goose chase trying to find a simple quick meal. There really is not any places to eat (outside of paying hotel prices) with-in about 3-4 blocks.
Also, for the football game, we were told the metro rail would be the best way to take the cheapest trip to the stadium. The concierge failed to mentioned to us, it is a free ride to and from on game days. Something a random stranger had to tell us after we paid for tickets to and from.
While I found the bed comfortable, the pillow left little to be desired. I simply could not get comfortable as it was like sleeping with my head on a rock. Also, note that the thermostat does not have a "fan on" setting. So, its hard to drown out noise from the hallway. I was startled awake numerous times with people coming and going in the hallway.
Also worth noting, the ice machine on our floor was broken. Not all that big of a deal, but when you pay over $200 for a nights stay you expect things like that to work.
I can honestly say, I feel ripped off. From the attempted fan experience to the broken ice maker. I wish I would have saved myself $150 bucks and stayed somewhere with a free breakfast and free parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear neilwilsonvoice,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor and we are sorry you were disappointed with your stay.

The privacy, safety and security of our guests are a top priority which our guests appreciate and expect from a AAA Four Diamond rated hotel.

We appreciate the additional feedback you have provided and will review this with our team.

Mr. Tuftee-Holub, thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.