I stayed at Hilton Americas in Houston this past May when i was there for an international conference. The facility was wonderful, and the staff was well-trained and helpful. What I enjoyed most was the location, because I could get easy access to the convention building through the skywalk instead of walking in the heat in my high heels. There are several nice hotels within a few blocks from the convention center; however, considering the extremely cool air in the conference hall and the heat outdoor, even one block makes a different! The hotel is also steps away from the Green and the lake park (a very cute but small park), and it is two blocks away from the grocery store and a few blocks from the Tunnel (lots of shops and dinning underground). Downtown Houston has many luxury hotels, but I saw many homeless people wandering around in downtown. I consider Hilton America a nicer and safer location.
There are fine dining and bars on site as well, which provides more options and convenience to the guests. The gym has a great sky view, and the swimming pool is on top floor.
There was only one disappointment. My former colleague dropped me a gift bag at the concierge. I forgot to pick it up that day, and it was lost when I went to pick my bag the following morning. Although the concierge patiently helped me to search for the bag and followed up by phone calls, I didn’t receive my bag at the end.
Overall, I enjoyed the location, the welcoming staff, and the comfortable bed. Hilton Americas is an ideal for business/conference travelers who need to spend a lot of time at the Convention Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Americas-Houston, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, Texas, is directly connected via two indoor sky-bridges to the George R. Brown Convention Center, and offers 1,200 luxurious guestrooms, including four Presidential Suites and 36 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites. This AAA Four Diamond rated hotel was newly renovated in 2011. Featuring 1600 Bar + Grille for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the very popular Lobby Bar, the State of Texas' largest Starbucks serving the Reserve selections, Pappasito's Cantina, In-Room Dining, the full service Skyline Spa & Health Club and FedEx Office. With 91,500 square feet of technologically advanced, flexible meeting space, including the 40,000 square foot Lanier Grand Ballroom, divisible into 12 independent spaces, the 26,000 square foot Ballroom of the Americas, divisible into six independent spaces, plus 10,000 square feet of invitingly usable pre-function space, Hilton Americas-Houston is the perfect meeting place for any group and awarded one of the world's best business hotels for 2013 by Travel + Leisure magazine. Hilton Americas-Houston is the proud recipient of Hilton Hotels & Resorts Award of Excellence for service and quality for six consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Americas - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Americas - Houston Hotel Houston
- Hilton Hotel Houston
- Hilton Houston
- Hilton Americas Hotel Houston
- Houston Hilton