“Best location for conventions”

Hilton Americas - Houston
Ranked #6 of 506 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Best location for conventions”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Americas in Houston this past May when i was there for an international conference. The facility was wonderful, and the staff was well-trained and helpful. What I enjoyed most was the location, because I could get easy access to the convention building through the skywalk instead of walking in the heat in my high heels. There are several nice hotels within a few blocks from the convention center; however, considering the extremely cool air in the conference hall and the heat outdoor, even one block makes a different! The hotel is also steps away from the Green and the lake park (a very cute but small park), and it is two blocks away from the grocery store and a few blocks from the Tunnel (lots of shops and dinning underground). Downtown Houston has many luxury hotels, but I saw many homeless people wandering around in downtown. I consider Hilton America a nicer and safer location.

There are fine dining and bars on site as well, which provides more options and convenience to the guests. The gym has a great sky view, and the swimming pool is on top floor.
There was only one disappointment. My former colleague dropped me a gift bag at the concierge. I forgot to pick it up that day, and it was lost when I went to pick my bag the following morning. Although the concierge patiently helped me to search for the bag and followed up by phone calls, I didn’t receive my bag at the end.

Overall, I enjoyed the location, the welcoming staff, and the comfortable bed. Hilton Americas is an ideal for business/conference travelers who need to spend a lot of time at the Convention Center.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Lin L,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you specifically recognizing our team and pleased our connection to the George R. Brown Convention Center worked well for you. We are sorry for the misplacement of your gift bag and we are researching what might have occurred to cause this.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Americas-Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Americas for almost two weeks on business. My every need was attended to with promptness and a big smile. The food was divine at every restaurant. The room service was extremely fast and equally delicious when I was not eating at one of the restaurants.

The gym helped me to keep up my work-out routines. Everyone spoke to me by name and made me feel as if I was the only person at the hotel. That is a feat when two or three groups or meeting at the same time. The bed was fit for a queen. I was well rested each morning even after working 12-14 hours a day.

I recommend this hotel for personal or business. Loved it.

Room Tip: The hallway was quite and peaceful on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Genma H,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very proud of our team for showing how much they care for, value and respect you as a guest of our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I loved my stay at the Hilton Americas in Houston, TX. So much so, I would have given it a 5 star rating had it not been for a few things. I can not and will not give a 5 star rating to any hotel, no matter their status, when they charge you such a ridiculous price for parking. It's become a pet peeve of mine. Also, since the hotel is so big, it has different wings. We happened to get on the side of the hotel opposite the pool and observation deck, which made for quite the hike just to get to them. But once you are there... Oh my! The views are fabulous!

The common areas and rooms were so lovely and I found no fault in them at all. The beds were so comfortable. Several times we took advantage of the free shuttle service, and our driver was very knowledgeable and kind. I appreciated that I had free wifi in room, as many places are starting to charge for this. It's location is perfect and central to so many attractions in Houston. Did I mention the views? We were there over July 4th, and were able to watch several different fireworks displays from the hotel's observation deck. That was such a plus!

I would and will stay here again, and recommend it to all my friends. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear SimplyTisha,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry for your feelings regarding our parking rates. Our rates are comparable to many other downtown Houston hotels and definitely more reasonable then most major cities. Safe, secure, clean and convenient parking is an amenity many of our guests enjoy and we continue to operate our garage at a AAA Four Diamond level.

We appreciate your comments of our new Waldorf Astoria Collection beds, our shuttle service and great rating on our service.

Your picture of the view from our Pool Terrace is great! Thank you for spending your July 4th holiday with us and telling all your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel for a business stay, roomy, comfortable work space in the room. The hotel did break my pet peeve...no free wireless Internet in the room! Also, the business center is operated by a shipping company which is good because you can buy some emergency supplies like notecards and sharpies, but bad because you can only use the desktop computers for free if you are printing a boarding pass. Still this is a great hotel to hold a large conference in. Just don't forget your own laptop and 3G connection.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Lillypad008,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor and complimenting the hotel for a great stay.

As with all other full service Hilton Hotels, we offer complimentary wired and wireless internet access for all Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold level guests, AT&T subscribers and all guests staying on Executive Level rooms. In addition, complimentary wireless internet is available in the hotel lobby. We encourage all of our guests to join Hilton Honors in order for them to enjoy great benefits when traveling and staying at Hilton Hotels Worldwide such as complimentary internet.

Again, thank you for recognizing the Hilton Americas-Houston as a great hotel for business and conferences and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed in Hilton Americas for almost 3 months for a business trip in Houston, and I almost become a part of Hilton Americas' family :-)

The hotel staffs are amazing, friendly, and very helpful. During my stay, I made several friendship with the hotel staffs including: Mayre, Carlos, Daniel, Fredi, Modesto, etc.
Mayre Guidos (Restaurant Manager) is super friendly to the customer. She would walk around and talk with the customer during breakfast or dinner time, and she is amazingly nice and friendly, and most important she is very sincere and committed to provide the best service to hotel guests.

The hotel also provide free shuttle within 3 miles (or downtown area), and they are willing to pick you up as well within these 3 miles. Fredi and Modesto are super friendly shuttle drivers that will take you around and ensure your safety as their highest priority.

The workout room is excellent with all new and complete equipments from cardio to weight training. The Olympic swimming pool is fantastic and has super clean and clear water.

The hotel is committed to meet, if not, exceed your expectation during the stay.
Thank you Hilton Americas for your great service.
Ricky Halimah (your guests from August to October 2011)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Ricky H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your past experiences at the Hilton Americas-Houston on TripAdvisor.

Your recognition on many aspects of our hotel is appreciated, but none more than the recognition of our team and especially those team members you mentioned by name.

Our goal is to make guests feel as comfortable as possible (their second home) and feeling cared for, valued and respected. We appreciate knowing when we have achieved this goal.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you back soon….you are a extended member of our family.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Hilton was one of the better I've stayed in. They had great food, clean and comfortable rooms, and decent service. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it met my expectations. The food for our conference and at the restaurant was very good, but it was expensive. The service didn't quite live up to my expectations - they seem a little aloof, but that's Houston expectaions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAmericas, Manager at Hilton Americas - Houston, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Jessica F,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Americas-Houston experience on TripAdvisor. Your compliments on our food, cleanliness, rooms and service are much appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return visit.

Cleveland, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a conference and the hotel is in a great location. Connected to the convention center and within 4 blocks of multiple restaurants and a mall. The lobby is impressive, especially the bar area. We said it looks like a villains underground headquarters with the world map behind the bar. Stayed for 3 nights and looking forward to the next convention so I can stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear James H,

We are so pleased you liked our hotel and shared your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please let us know when you plan on returning. We really look forward to welcoming you back. It appears that you really enjoyed our hotel (and the bar) and the service we provided, giving us the highest ratings. Much appreciated.

Thank you again for your review.