“We just LOVE this place!”

Cockrell Butterfly Center
Ranked #9 of 312 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Next to the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the glass-enclosed butterfly habitat includes a simulated rainforest and thousands of colorful butterflies. A dramatic 50-foot waterfall and exotic plants transport visitors.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We continue to come here during our quarterly medical trips to Houston. This place is so delightful and relaxing. We love all the different butterflies and lovely plants. Don't bypass this if you are visiting the museum!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I spent my superbowl morning with two of my daughters at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. The Cockrell Butterfly Center was very nice beginning with the very well informed greeters to the very infromative interactive zones. But the star of the show is the tropical butterfly walk through.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is one of my grandchildrens favorite places. When they were in strollers and now in middle school, I am always delighted to see the expressions on their faces as they discover something they never saw before!

1  Thank johrene
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Already reviewed.. But a must see for plant enthusiasts and scads of lovely butterflies. Gorgeous setting.. Fun for all ages

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved it! Really had fun. I could not believe all the beautiful butterflies. The plants were nice too. Loved the iguana. Brought two little kids and they had fun.