“very pleasant stay with welcome staff”

Studio 6 Houston - Clear Lake
Ranked #396 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“very pleasant stay with welcome staff”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

i stayed in this hotel last week visiting from new york for business trip ,my king size room was excellent with new furniture and nicely done decor ,the hot breakfast was very good nice cozy room ,i will recommend this hotel to business travelers
Good keep it up

james dishman

Room Tip: rooms facing pool side
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mohammad K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2011

To whom it may concern:This hotel is great I have stayed here in an extended stay after having an accident and needing to be close to medical care without high rates,bad mannered staff,unclean rooms and ahost of other things you could think of.The staff provides exceptional service with the manager constantly checking on things,the security is .great the guests look like your good people not the type that would cause you harm .A quiet place,good driving distance to galveston beach,race track medical center etc.Saving you money to spend elsewhere try it you may like it it is not home but close truck parking also .a business person recommendation

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank john c
houston
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I would just like to say that when i was looking for a hotel to stay at i came across Howard Johnson clearlake. The pictures looked great...but when i went to see the reviews i wasn't sure if it was a good idea to stay or concider it. So i called and asked about there pricing and see what else was included in the package. The front desk cleark answered all my questions was very nice and generous. So then i thought well it can't be that bad as there putting it out there. So i went on ahead and booked for 3 nights, and let me tell you it was great. Housekeeping was nice and kind. front staff was helpfull in every which way. I would recommend this hotel for everyone to come too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank veronicalanza_09
pelicanpath, Front Office Manager at Studio 6 Houston - Clear Lake, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and hope our staff can WOW you even more on your next visit.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Booked two rooms for my family of four. Arrived after midnight, or would have left after entering our room. This hotel advertises that it's been remodeled or renovated, but it has not since it was built. My husband's a contractor, so take our word for it. Our rooms were dark, small and smelled of mildew, had paint peeling from the doors, torn lamp shades, orange water running from the faucets, dirt and dried fluid stains on the bathroom walls, doors, tile floors and metal surfaces. We had two towels for a two-bed unit and our sons had no towels. The elevators were disgustingly dirty and smelled. The "cafe" is a converted tiny dark motel room with no coffee, milk, old apples and oranges, with an overflowing garbage can and food and debris on the counter and floor. This hotel is overrated and we were definitely victims of false advertising.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank becky81082
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was staying at this hotel, with my mom, because we've just sold our house and we need a place to stay until I finished school. Since this place was close by and there were other hotels that were too far, I decided on this one just for the conveience and just having a place to stay. So we reserved for about 2 months--and boy, it was the worse 2 FREAKIN' months of our lives.

The room was rarely cleaned, service was either slow or just downright rude, the area was more or less unsafe because of some of the hotel guests (weary settled in), and rarely gotten any towels or other necessities TO TAKE A FREAKIN' BATH! They always used excuses such as, "Oh, they're not cleaned yet" or "We need to dry them, we'll call you when they're ready". Yeah, never and if they did, it would be only two towels, one washrag, and a hand towel. THAT'S IT!
The stove sucked because it wasn't ever cleaned, and it created a lot of smoke that would have left anyone choking. It was that bad. My mom never used the stove because of that. We've ended up eating lean cuisines and what not, just to avoid the stove.

Everything just seemed totally wrong, and all of this could have been avoided if they actually did GOOD SERVICE AND HAD REASONABLE STAFF! It was such an utter disappointment that I was so happy when we finally left to move to where I'm currently living now.

I would never recommend this hotel. Never. And I don't wanna hear anything from the manager, because I know it's just going to be BS. They're never going to fix the problems that anyone here has stated and what I've said. They'll just continue it and make everyone miserable as a result.

Room Tip: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's not worth the hassle!
  • Stayed March 2011
1 Thank crazychica3
ontheroad
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We had reservations but did not end up staying here. We looked at several of the rooms and they all were unacceptable. Things missing or not clean. For the rate they want, they should be nice rooms. They are working on some of them but we were told they were mostly just painting and they need much more than that! The pool appeared nice. The front desk clerk was pleasant but reserved. Very few guests in the parking lot, especially compared to other extended stay type properties in the area. Our car ended up at one of the other properties too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HJ16520, General Manager at Studio 6 Houston - Clear Lake, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our property. I have sent you an email so we might further discuss your concerns. Our goal is not only to meet your needs, but to surpass your expectations with a clean, comfortable stay. I hope that if your travels bring you back our way, you will give us the opportunity to serve you.
Best regards,
Mary Barnes
Las Vegas
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Over the past three years I have stayed for extended periods at this hotel, and I have had none of the problems described in the reviews. The hotel is well managed and houskeeping does a good job. All staff will do whatever they can to ensure that you have a pleasant experience. Sometimes I feel that some people will complain about anything just to get a coupon ! Why is there a review here dated 2004 ? What is that about ? The hotel has probably changed owners and certainly mangers since then. This hotel is adjacent to a very large church organisation, and visitors to the church come from all around the World and stay at this hotel without problems, even with the adult facility
( Now closed ) nearby. Tripadvisor should eradicate the old reviews, and let the hotel be judged by the new management

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on the hotel. The staff was excited to hear your comments. We strive to give our guests' a comfortable and pleasant stay. Dickiepalmer, your kind words were much appreciated. Our hope is to serve you again should your travels bring your back our way.
Mary Barnes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Clearlake Extended Stay Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Residence Inn Houston NASA/Clear Lake
BEST WESTERN Webster Hotel, NASA

Been to Studio 6 Houston - Clear Lake? Share your experiences!