Homewood Suites by Hilton HOU Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #163 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Malmo, Sweden
“Good and bad !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Stayed here one night after a flight from Europe June 22nd 2011. Arrived 8.30 pm just to find out that they didn't have a 2 queen bedroom for me - only kings left, even though I made my reservation 7 months ago on the Hilton website and had a confirmed reservation for a 2 queen bedroom with me on a paper (and I am an Hilton Honor member). And that made me angry ! It has never happened to me before on a Hilton Hotel. My wife and I cant sleep in a king since where are light sleepers both of us. Now I had to sleep on the pullout sofa in the living room. They don't honor their own reservation system. Other than that the rooms where very nice and very clean and the breakfast was as always great as at other Homewood suites. The Hotel is in a convenient location only a couple of minutes from the airport. And there is absolutely nothing else to do in the area than get a good nights sleep. In the morning you can hear the planes flying over the Hotel. But that didn't bother us.

Peter William Marschall
Sweden

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you booked. Call them !
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

I stayed here the week before Memorial day. Staff is very friendly. I had called them the day before to make sure that I could check in early. I was able to check in at 10 AM. Their shuttle service to IAH is great. They have service to IAH every 30 minutes.

Evening dinner was good. Also, the breakfast is great as well.

Only issue I had was the Toilet Flush handle in my room broke and the flush quit working. I reported the problem and they switched me to a bigger room.
Their Business Center needs some improvement. They have two computers, however, both of them have Ubuntu (a version of Linux) installed. I am not sure if the average visitor would be comfortable using it. To make matters worse, one of the computers was not displaying the Ubuntu Desktop. It is OK, as long as all you want to do is print your Boarding Pass and print local maps.

Great place to stay when you are near IAH.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank erase.ego
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and quite spacious. Staff was excellent - - -so very friendly and accomodating. Generous breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank divinganddogs
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

We were here 3 nights and wanted a place close to IAH airport and with space for the tots to play. So when one woke up at 6am he would go into the living room to play and not wake the other kids and us. Can't tell you how much more pleasant that made travel. Plus with the kitchen we could buy/store/cook food for our picky eaters more easily. Front desk Rosa gets props for being courteous every day and very helpful. Room was clean and spacious. Old CRT TVs, but whatever. Beds were reasonable comfortable. Everything worked, but the hairdrier is annoying - have to keep button pushed entire time. they have a great breakfast here inc make your own waffles. supposedly they have a light dinner too, M-Th, free. Free in room wired internet connectivity. I would be happy to stay here again. we paid $90/nite. a great deal i think.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Delta, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I have stayed 12 different weeks in this hotel over the last year. I have grown to love the location for it's quick access to several different freeways. The staff are always friendly and since day one have always provided friendly service.

The rooms are always clean, well appointed and newly decorated. During most of my stays there has been something deficient with the room. I have encountered broken phones, broken coffee makers, no coffee makers, broken A/C, broken TV remotes, no internet service, broken lamps, broken clocks and stubborn or broken doors (similar to the report of another reviewer of this hotel). I also had the "change the air filter" alarm on the air conditioner sound off without stopping in the middle of the night.

The sad thing is most of these deficiencies could be fixed before the guests find them. The good news is the staff have always either corrected the deficiencies or offered to change my room.

I have never heard road noise as reported by other reviewers. I have heard noise from the floors above me. I always try to stay in Homewood Suites or Residence Inns and I don't find the noise from the floor above any better or worse than any other property of those brands.

I obviously like this hotel as I am about to go there again next week. I think it s a good value and appreciate the service and recognition of the staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Saipan, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

The suites were a good size and really clean. The beds are comfy and it's good that they offer dinner and breakfast since there's not much around there. I personally did not see one staff member who didn't speak English.

Drawbacks: As one previous reviewer stated, you can hear a lot of what goes on upstairs. I was woken up at about 10:30 after a long day by someone slamming a door, running all around their room, and then back out again.

The next morning the shuttle driver was a little late. I could not see her, but was absolutely sure that she must have been texting as she took us to the airport because she was serving all over the road and nearly hitting cars. My co-worker was pretty upset when we got there and said she didn't even have a phone in her hand..

• Liked — Comfy bed, clean, happy hour beer and wine
  • Disliked — Noisy upstairs, strange shuttle driver
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
kiremiko99
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

Staff at this hotel was friendly. I did not encounter the problem the previous poster mentioned about non-English speaking employees.
The room was mostly clean, not perfect. The room its self is very nice and typical of a Homewood Suites hotel. Breakfast and dinner were great. Internet connection in the room did not work. Toilet stopped working on the last day of my stay.

The location is awful for anything except airport access. It is basically on a big highway. The room was very noisy, you can hear other guests above you (unless you chose to stay on the smoking -3rd- floor.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kiremiko99