“You Got to Get Some” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #22 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We'll set up and serve for one hour, buffet style so you can enjoy your event. All caterings include sliced pickles, onions, jalapenos, fresh bread, Rudy's "sause", plates, plastic cutlery, and napkins. Tea, sweeteners & lemons included. Must be ordered at least one day in advance. Group meals include any combination of Brisket, Turkey, Chopped Meat, Pork Loin, or Sausage and your choice of 3 sides. Includes sliced pickles, onions, jalapenos, fresh bread, Rudy's "sause", plates, plastic cutlery, napkins, tea, sweetners, lemons, cups, and ice. Ask about our Breakfast Tacos.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Got to Get Some”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

On a weekend trip with the family trying to decide what we will eat before heading back to the hotel room. I (Dad) decided i was getting barbecue from Rudy's and at the time no one else out of the family of five wanted any but once we got there everyone wanted barbecue. We got the ribs, chicken, brisket, and sausages. It was awesome! The food was great...the service was awesome. This is a must if you are in Houston. And don't forget to get extra bread....

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
SW Florida
“Great Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The absolute best brisket I have ever eaten. I have tried many local Houston BBQ restaurants and so happy that I finally found my favorite. Being from the Memphis area, I usually stick to pork BBQ and have been very disappointed with Texas pork BBQ whenever visiting Houston. I have learned, when in Texas - eat the beef BBQ. I ordered the brisket sandwich with a tasty side of the potato salad. The meat was moist and flavorful served on a buttered & toasted bun. YUM! The sauce was a balanced mix of sweet & spicy - just perfect for me. Eat at Rudy's. Eat the Moist Brisket. I can't wait to go back for more.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Centreville, Virginia
“There's No Place Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Growing up in Texas, good BBQ was taken for granted. Now, living in the Washington, DC, any BBQ is cherished and you would be hard pressed to find any decent, yet alone real BBQ, in or around the nation's capital. This is why every chance we return to Texas, we always get our fix at Rudy's.

Here at Rudy's and at any other Rudy's, you can fill your bellies with great BBQ and your car with gas. The meats are fantastic, sides are plentiful, drink selection as big as Texas and service is wonderful.

Enough said about Rudy's BBQ. Don't waste any time reading reviews as it will be better spent enjoying your favorite brisket, sausage and cream corn at Rudy's!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nguyen V
Houston, Texas
“Delicious BBQ and sides, love the atmosphere and decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son had sausage, which was very tasty, but the moist brisket is to die for. I'm not a bbq person or a brisket person, but this was so very delicious. The baked potato looked awesome, but I opted for the red potatoes, which were soft but firm marinating in a buttery water. They had a sweet flavor that made me want to order some to go. The creamed corn was really delicious. Just a really cool place with great food. We're thinking of making it a weekly outing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CountinMyBlessings
Fayetteville, Georgia
“It's ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everyone in Houston raves about this place but I only thought it was ok. I've had better. As a matter of fact I had the pulled pork and it had me on the toilet later that day so now I am afraid to eat there. If you like meat this is the place to go because that is the highlight. Could be seasoned more or have that smoked BBQ taste. Cute atmosphere though and it does stay crowded so it could just be me and my preference in BBQ. Try it once at least.

Visited June 2013