“Delicious BBQ and sides, love the atmosphere and decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #20 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We'll set up and serve for one hour, buffet style so you can enjoy your event. All caterings include sliced pickles, onions, jalapenos, fresh bread, Rudy's "sause", plates, plastic cutlery, and napkins. Tea, sweeteners & lemons included. Must be ordered at least one day in advance. Group meals include any combination of Brisket, Turkey, Chopped Meat, Pork Loin, or Sausage and your choice of 3 sides. Includes sliced pickles, onions, jalapenos, fresh bread, Rudy's "sause", plates, plastic cutlery, napkins, tea, sweetners, lemons, cups, and ice. Ask about our Breakfast Tacos.
Houston, Texas
“Delicious BBQ and sides, love the atmosphere and decor”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son had sausage, which was very tasty, but the moist brisket is to die for. I'm not a bbq person or a brisket person, but this was so very delicious. The baked potato looked awesome, but I opted for the red potatoes, which were soft but firm marinating in a buttery water. They had a sweet flavor that made me want to order some to go. The creamed corn was really delicious. Just a really cool place with great food. We're thinking of making it a weekly outing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CountinMyBlessings

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fayetteville, Georgia
“It's ok”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everyone in Houston raves about this place but I only thought it was ok. I've had better. As a matter of fact I had the pulled pork and it had me on the toilet later that day so now I am afraid to eat there. If you like meat this is the place to go because that is the highlight. Could be seasoned more or have that smoked BBQ taste. Cute atmosphere though and it does stay crowded so it could just be me and my preference in BBQ. Try it once at least.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Not bad, but I'd rather have Whataburger”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rudy's isn't horrible BBQ by any means (if you want that, go to Bill Miller's down in South Texas) and I will eat there on occasion. But Rudy's is rather mediocre and there's a ton of other better places to get your BBQ fix. It's a large chain store, that's typically a bit overpriced, the meat is decent but not exceptional and same with the sauce and when it's co-located with a gas station, has obscene gas prices. I'd recommend going elsewhere, such as Goode Company BBQ.

• Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Great Barbeque”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you love barbeque you have to go to Rudy’s. Whenever I am in Austin or Houston for business I have to get to Rudy’s. They BBQ is out of this world. The ribs, moist brisket and smoked turkey is flavorful and just melts in your mouth. My favorite side is the creamed corn. Make sure that you tell them is you have never been there before and they will give you samples. The staff is always friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Awesome place, with lots of good meat”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A Texas must......!!! Love the place, very country very good, love the place, this is one of my favourite place to go for a good brisket, awesome BBQ sauce, this one will be a place that I will take visitors over

Visited July 2013