Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
TributePortfolio
$138
$117
Travelocity
All reviewsclose to the airportsocial eveningtwo burner stove topfree eveningfull kitchenyogurtfront deskexercise equipmentstudio suitenice pool areageorge bushan early flightincluded breakfastworkout roomafter midnightstayed for one nightrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Typically I stay with another brand of hotels. However due to some event in this part of time everything was booked. Was pleasantly surprised by my first stay with this family of hotels. Location was great so no worries here. The back side of the hotel parking lot is dark and doesn't feel secure on the end of the building away from the highway.

Front desk staff was always friendly and saying high. The overall room was updated and comfortable. The ceiling light in the main living room did not function. There were some dirty dishes in the cabinets. Very glad I didn't need to use those because they looked disgusting.

Temperature of the room stayed comfortable and the bed was adequate for a good nights rest. Restroom was in pretty good shape. There was a water leak from water supply line that hadn't been cleaned in quite a while. You could tell no one wanted to put the effort into leaning over and cleaning that up.

Internet was reliable and the speed was average.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback during your visit. Please accept my apologies for the room discrepancies you had as we will get this corrected for future guest.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Got stuck in Houston during the ice storm. This place is great! Nice people, brand new facility. Close-ish to the airport with free shuttle, and a pretty good breakfast. Sorry i didnt get to be at the social. The chinese take away they recommended wasn't very good, though.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My trip was prepaid via Priceline, when I checked out the clerk supposedly accidentally credited my card 570.88 for the entire stay so another clerk said they would now have to charge me that 570.88 amount back to zero balance my account. I called the manager after 3 days when the charge posted to my card asking where was my supposedly issued account credit and was told to wait another 3-5 days as they are supposedly showing a credit in their system. I am now 7 days post check out with still no credit showing for the charge on my card. I called the manager twice this morning and she is not there so I had to finally dispute the charge through my credit card company. This trip already started of bad when I got there as Priceline had to call the hotel to place me there as my prior reservation at another property was mysteriously cancelled. I thought this hotel was nice and was happy before this mess but I would rather have stayed in a run down shack motel if they would have at least had their clerks trained to bill correctly. This has been a complete nightmare to top off the other personal issues I have been dealing with the first week of this year. I do not have time to be dealing with their mistakes and if you don't either I would suggest avoiding this property at all cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

On behalf of Staybridge Suites Houston-IAH, please accept my apology for the service you experienced. Your feed back is appreciated and it will be taken into consideration to better service all of our guests.

I was able to post 10,000 IHG rewards point to your account for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards - OM

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friend and I stayed here whilst in transit to Mexico and decided to stay again on our way home. I contacted a few hotels near the airport and this was the only one that could and would accommodate us for a day as opposed to a night (thank you Mr Ado)! We were also upgraded to a two bedroom room, which was great as we could both have our own room and bathroom. The second room also had two double beds, so this room would be great for a family with a couple of kids. We made use of the free breakfast, wifi and laundry...all fantastic features. Again the shuttle back to the airport was handy too. I would stay at this property again however I'm not sure when I will get back to Houston!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelchickuae
Ado B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thanks for the great review. We love getting positive feedback as this helps us to continue to give great service - OM

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very nice hotel, quiet and clean. The rooms are very nice, cozy and the bed comfortable. I love the kitchen with the stove countertop! The breakfast was delicious with a good variety like fruits, eggs, sausages, waffles, tea, coffee and juices. The staff was very nice and the lobby section was a home away from home. The grounds is spacious and there's a pond out front with a jogging trail if you like to run in the mornings. Out back, a nice barbecue section with tables and chairs where you can relax. The only drawback is, if you plan to get around and have children with you, get a car!!!!!! The hotel is close to the airport so it's perfect for layovers or simply if you just want quietness and no bother. The shuttle only does airport runs but they might take you somewhere within a 1-2 mile radius. They couldn't take me to Wal-Mart which was about 5 miles away. Go on route 45 and there's a whole lot to do there and lots of stores and eatery like Chili's and wings and pizza. Be aware that housekeeping is very light on the weekend so if you will need clean stuff in advance, get extras on Friday to hold you over. The internet works great and if you can't log on after you've used it for a while, it's because you need a new password so call the front desk. Also the TV channels are really limited! Overall, a great place to stay depending on your needs. Ideal just like what I said earlier for a private get-a-way or a nearby conference or a business trip where you just want some peace and quietness.

Room Tip: Although close to the airport, on the second floor I wasn't bothered by the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ado B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for your stay at our hotel. We look forward having the opportunity to serve you in the future - OM