Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

50 Reviews
from $59.00
More Info
1,550 results
All reviews all ages outdoor water grocery store toddler area older kids water works outdoor area hands on activities great place for kids my kids love different activities year olds interactive exhibits lots of fun free admission across the street whole family
Reviewed October 3, 2018

This is very nice large interactive children's museum, a lot of variety, lots of stuff going on for kids with different interests and of different ages. One of the better children's museums we've been to. Our daughter definitely enjoyed it!

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a few days in Houston and a friend with younger children had recommended a stop here. We weren't sure whether there would be enough for our almost 11 year old to do but decided to give it a go. We found plenty of things to keep her interested & occupied, the museum has an amazing array of activities for all ages. However the absolute favorite was the Secret Agent activity- I cannot rave about this enough! It's hands on problem solving, code cracking, engaging fun. It's just hard enough to give them a challenge while they work through completing a mission. The missions are well put together with amazing detail; a dedicated HQ room where mission info is received, a coded wristband, spy gadgets earned, and a wide variety of field puzzles (some electronic, some not) scattered all over the museum. She enjoyed this so much that we came back 2 days later so she could complete more missions. It was an extra charge on top of entry but was so well worth it! We managed to take time out to eat in the cafe, it was reasonably priced, good food and had some healthy options. The staff were incredibly helpful, a couple went out of their way to make our visit special (thank you!). What a gem of place - We're so glad we stopped by and cannot recommend it enough!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I wish their was two of me on that day we visited. These kids wanted to do their own thing- My nephew did the " boy" thing and my niece "did the "girl things" ,but their was only one of me.If you have more than one kid, you need two adults. It was a very interesting place from an adult perspective too. They still talk about the Museum when they come over or a sitting. Very proud to have this valuable institution in my back yard.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank bs77001
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Houston for the past 16 years, but being that my kids have long grown out of this type of entertainment I haven’t been here in awhile. However, my 2 year old grandson came to visit, so...wa lah! Here we go!
We spent most of our time upstairs in the tot spot which he thoroughly enjoyed! Everything is just the right size and soft. He sat in cars and drove, a favorite. Climbed to his heart’s content, and played with balls, balls, balls. He even shared one too! There’s an outdoor area which has a tricycle and some of the Fred Flinstone type plastic cars to ride. That was a hit as well. Sharing not as great among the tots out there! LOL! We finished outside with all of the water works station. Totally enjoyed racing boats and playing with the water. It was hot, so a little sprinkle here and there was welcome, child or adult. Kidopolis??? The mini city with everything a kids needs to play as an adult... police station, hospital, bank, etc. was a little too much for him, but sitting down in the police car driving was a fave! Well worth the time, money and effort.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I was a little worried at first that our 1 year old would'nt have anything to do at the museum (he is not walking yet) but then we went upstairs and found the tot spot! He had a blast and could have easily spent hours in there. We cant wait to bring him back when he is walking to experience even more fun.

1  Thank Megbabyy24