“One of the best childrens museums in the country!”

Children's Museum of Houston
Ranked #6 of 305 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on interactive exhibits in the areas of science and technology, history and culture, health and human development, and the arts.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have a membership here that allows us to visit other childrens museums all over the country. This is by far the best one we have been in.

There is a ton of stuff to do here at the museum. There is a play city with a diner, where kids can cook and serve meals to patrons (plastic food of course), a super market where they can grocery shop and ring up their purchases, a vet where they can play with stuffed animals and take xrays and diagnose issues. There is a fire station, a tv station. Outside of the city, there is a huge climbing structure which is even fun as an adult chasing your kids around as they can end up on a different level of the museum than you. There is a rock climbing station (its not too huge, but very fun), and a science level at the bottom level. Outside there is a large water play area.

They have a lot of travelling exhibits that come through all year long that make it fun and different every time we visit.

If you have young kids (up to age 10) this is THE best place to visit!

There are newer reviews for Children's Museum of Houston

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and child traveled with me during a business trip to Houston, Texas. During our stay, we learned that there was a Children's Museum, and that there is free admission on Thursday evenings! So we made an impromptu trip to downtown Houston, which turned out to be a good decision. There was so much to do for families with children of all ages. Our son was 14 months old (at the time of our trip), and we spent some time in the infant / toddler area on the second floor. I was impressed. If I travel to Houston for any further business trips, we will most definitely plan to visit the Children's Museum of Houston!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went recently on a Saturday and joined the rest of the Houston area parents who are raising children under 12 years old. When you walk into the place you understand why its crowded but the "explore" atmosphere leads to chaos when it is a packed house. You can find some refuge on the top floor if you have toddlers where there is a nice play area and patio, but I certainly could not recommend making the trip for that area. Ideally this place is great for kids 5-12 years old that can operate with a little independence. Overall impressive exhibits that are well thought out and unique. So my advice is to avoid the weekends if you can and don't take kids under 3.

1  Thank Micah H
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Every time when I bring my kids here they always spend hours, of course it is a fun place for children but not for the adults, sadly. The only complaint I have is the parking, it is so inconvenient. Despite of inaccessible parking spaces, I tend to bring my kids here 3 times a year.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Good place for young kids. Lots of hands-on activities, places to climb, rock walls, science experiments, etc...