Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center
$192
$134
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$98
$90
$254
$219
Marriott Hotels
$179
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$139
$125
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewstypical courtyardcourtyard marriotthouse of bluesfront deskvalet parkinglight railoffice buildingtoyota centerhouston downtownwithin blocksmetro railmain stnice hotelbars and restaurantsbaseball gameminute maid parkrooftop pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Nice surprise. The rooms are large with high ceilings as this building is older and isnt layed out like a typical Courtyard. Walk 4-5 blocks to the Conference center or Hilton Americas. Several top restaurants within 5 blocks as well. Didnt use the pool. Felt like a full service Marriott for a Courtyard price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The hotel, unlike a lot of Courtyard properties, needs some help. The service is well below what I would expect from Marriott hotels and the amenities are being cut back to the point of making it unpleasant to stay.
Our room overlooked the Houston Metro Rail. Normally not an issue except that the windows are single pane and allow the noise of the tram to filter in all night! Difficult to sleep when you hear a bell ringing every few minutes. Otherwise, the room was ok. The office chair is so low (at it's highest level) that you end up with sore shoulders from reaching up to the desk to work.
My biggest beef is that every other Marriott property I visit offers free coffee throughout the day. Not this one. When I asked, the answer was "Nobody drinks coffee at this time of day." News flash, I do! The recommendation is to visit the Starbucks on the corner. Thank you, but no.
Everytime we left the hotel to look for a restaurant, go to work etc. we were accosted by one or two "gentlemen" demanding spare change. I realize that homelessness and panhandling are not the hotels issue but, encouraging these folks to move along and not bother the guests would be very much appreciated.
I visit Houston regularly and will now make an effort to visit other hotels, even other Marriotts rather than stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Our group of 8 stayed here while going to an Astro's game. The hotel was clean and well kept. I had read reviews of 'transients' being an issue, only a couple were seen on our walk from the ballpark back to the hotel and they did not bother nor even speak to us on walk back. We took a cab to the game from the hotel and it was really inexpensive- $10 bucks for all of us. The pool was decent except the towels are really small. Not much going on right near the hotel but we did get pizza delivered at 1:30am. I think the nearest bar was a 'Flying Saucer' and was about 10-15 minutes walking distance away. The back up for the valet was the only pain.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This property is directly downtown, a high-rise hotel. No free parking, valet only for $22. Average sized rooms, typical of Courtyard. There doesn't seem to be alot to do around this area but I attribute that to downtown Houston. It does seem like there is a transient issue around the hotel, but I would not say there are any safety issues on the property. Otherwise, I rate this as an OK choice if you have to be logistically downtown. I was booked for 2 nights but chose to check out after one...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank edtoby007
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Upon arrival, the line for valet was so long it went into the street. This seemed to go on all day and night as they were very short staffed. The front desk was so brisk with check-in it bordered on rude. I don't expect the desk clerk to roll out the red carpet for me, but a simple "Hello and welcome to the Courtyard Marriott" and "Thank you" would have been nice. He didn't even direct us to our rooms. Good thing I have half a brain and can figure out where the elevators are.
The room was in a great location as I LOVE corner rooms but the convention of cheerleaders was not. I booked this hotel with the intention of using the hot tub. To my dismay, it was broken. I called the front desk and reported it and was greeted once again by "Mr. Smiley". Sigh. He informed me the repairman would be there in an hour. I didn't get a chance to check.
All in all... just okay. Not the best, not the worst.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends