The only plus about this place is the staff. They are great. I stayed here while attending a wedding. There is a bus stop at the front of the hotel that attracts alot of riff raff and crowds. Since we were here on the weekend, the only open places were: a CVS 5 blocks away, Forever 21 next door, McDonalds, Subway, and a Mexican place 4 blocks away. Short story: while walking to CVS on Saturday morning at about 9AM for stuff for my wife, I was asked by a decently dressed, drunk man for money. After declining, he then started screaming profanity at me and followed me for a block... Security and police are non-existent downtown on the weekends and it was a very unsafe environment. The rooms here are decent, but the blinds do not fully shut (or open), so if you plan on sleeping in on a Saturday, forget it. All in all, will never be back....oh yea, and I basically had to perform a miracle to get the lobby bar to serve me a beer at 4:30PM (bar doesn't open till 5PM)....no room service here either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard