This hotel is a remodelled old business building. It is shared with the Marriott Residence Inn. They did a great job in remodeling, and this is one of the best Marriott Courtyard I have stayed in. The room is pretty good size, although the view of my room window is only into a very small concrete courtyard.
(1) Tall ceiling in rooms, nice!
(2) Very convenieny if you need a place to stay for business meetings downtown. Mine is only 5 minutes walk away.
(3) Front desk is outstanding, and they provided service with a smile.
(4) The restaurant food was outstandingly good for a hotel. Compliment to the chef.
(5) I got free internet from my room (using my own laptop).
(6) During daytime, there is Macy's across the street, and a lot of shops and restaurants in the downtown tunnel right there.
(7) Hotel provides free shuttle to the downtown area during day time.
(8) There is a light-rail service within a block to travel to other parts of town.
(9) The outdoor pool and gym were adequate.
(1) The neighborhood is totally dead in the evenings. Many restaurants are closed at 3 p.m., even McDonald's was closed by 7 p.m. The tunnel is closed around 6 p.m. No bar, besides the hotel bar, anywhere is sight. Good news is that a "mall" is being built across the street. Maybe the situation will improve by later this year.
(2) Hotels charges for parking.
(3) One of the waitress in the hotel restaurant is super-forgetful. Everytime I ordered something, even as simple as a cup of tea, she has to come back two times asking before getting it right! I am glad she is the only one forgetful, the other waitress did an adequate job. Not super, just adequate.
(4) There are homeless people in the neighborhood in the evenings.
I will come back for downtown meetings because it is convenient for me. However, if I need to be in town for more than four days, I will need to rent a car sometimes so I can drive to other places, just to keep my sanity. Scoped up in the hotel room every night can get old very fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard