When visiting Houston, I mostly stay at the Hyatt or Crown Plaza but this time I decided to give the Courtyard a spin. The location is very convenient for many of the downtown businesses and is at an intersection offering many bus and light rail services. The FREE "green" bus runs nearby and operates on a downtown loop which can easily take you near to almost all of the spots in downtown Houston.
The part of town is a little run down and a several major stores are closed down, but a number are also being renovated. There are several decent restaurants/entertainment nearby including a McCormick and Schmicks, III Forks, Guadalajara and my favorite House of Blues. Otherwise this area is generally unoccupied by the working public by about 6:30 so almost all of the stores are closed.
The hotel itself was clean, well maintained with friendly staff. Comfy bed, decent shower, pretty standard room layout but not cramped, free coffee and a paper in the morning. There is a small but servicable health equipment room, free wifi all over, comfortable dining/lounge area with reasonably priced and amazing quite tasty morsels to keep your appetite at bay.
Overall I was pleasantly surprised especially as the price was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard