Stayed at this hotel for business for four nights. Honestly, I had pretty low expectations of this place - based on other Courtyard properties. But I was pleasantly surprised. The room was fairly large, with a King bed and sleeper sofa. The bed itself was comfortable, but I really didn't like the extra-soft pillows...I prefer a firm pillow. The other amenities were standard - 42 in flat screen TV, standard shower and desk. I really liked the separate vanity area and the decor of the room, which was pretty modern. I didn't have any maintenance issues (like slow drains in the shower) and I didn't see any signs of real wear in the room (no broken fixtures or tiles, etc.)
The only real disappointment was the wireless service, which was sporatic and only worked when it wanted to. It was pretty slow and unreliable.
The lobby area was nicely decorated and the restaurant bar was pretty good. I ate there for breakfast and after-dinner drinks and both were fine. The restaurant doesn't serve lunch, though...
As far as location, the hotel is pretty convenient to shopping, restaurants and night-life. Macy's is right across the street, as well as a large Forever 21 store and BCBG. There is a tunnel underground with a bunch of fast food restaurants. There are also many upscale sit-down restaurants including McCormick and Schmidt, III Forks, & Maia Bella.
Overall, a pretty good stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old-style luxury and state-of-the-art technology converge at the recently-updated Courtyard Houston Downtown hotel just a 10-minute walk from the George R. Brown Convention Center. A true stand-out among downtown Houston hotels for our historical ambiance housed in the 1921 Humble Oil Building's neo-classical exterior with newly-renovated rooms equipped with modern amenities. Guests enjoy in-room perks such as free WiFi and HDTVs. The gem of our historic building is our renovated Presidential Suite. Originally the office to the Humble Oil CEO, we've updated this stunning suite with stylish furnishings while keeping the original marble fireplace. The highlight of our lobby experience is The Bistro. Eat. Drink. Connect., Which offers guests food and beverage selections in the morning and new dinner service. Our downtown Houston hotel is within walking distance or a free shuttle ride to Minute Maid Park, Convention Center and Toyota Center. A short ride on the Metro Light Rail takes you to NRG Park and the Museum District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Downtown
- Houston Marriott
- Houston Courtyard