“One of the best restaurants in Houston”

Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended to dine or lunch at this restaurant, service is more than quick and excellent, quality of food is supreme, variety is awesome, of course you pay for what u get but if you like fine stuff and like to be service accordingly then this is the place you really want to go to.

1  Thank bryanmantezoni

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoy Brazilian steakhouses and have tried several in Houston and Austin... this one is at the top of our list!

The experience started with a very friendly staff. They were well trained, seamed to love their job and the restaurant and truly wanted to make the experience first class.

The layout of the restaurant was very impressive. The appointments were prefect for a high class Brazilian steakhouse and although there were lots of patrons on a Saturday night the tables were spread out and it was comfortable and relatively quiet.

Now about the food...the salad bar was fresh and had a very good variety... but we weren't there for the salad (if we were we would have been very happy). There was a very good variety of meats and they were all delicious. I particularly liked the bacon wrapped filet mignon... and the shrimp were great in between the varieties of beef.

Why did I mark a 5? The food was great the atmosphere was great but the Staff were the best - from the time we handed the keys to the valet until he gave them back we were treated like a king and queen on great culinary adventure...

This place is a must try!

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The food and service here are exceptional. It's the same quality of meats as Fogo De Chao, but at less the cost. Definitely try the house special picanha and the lamb chops - delicious! They have a pretty good salad bar as well if you are not into the all to can eat meat fest. I've been several times and will continue to keep going back.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We dined at Chama Gaucha on a Tuesday evening. Was surprised how busy it was on a weeknight, and especially suprised about how the restaurant got more crowded as the evening wore on. Let me say I have never seen restaurant staff work so hard, and so fast. They were johnny-on-the-spot in bringing around meat, constantly; resupplying plates; refilling water glasses; refreshing side dishes; etc. Simply stellar service that made me quite happy to leave a nice tip. All the meat items were hot, nicely seasoned, and a large variety. The salad bar was just fine, but the meat was the star of the night. This is actually the opposite of what I expected, thinking that the restaurant would skimp on the meat items. What a nice surprise.

1  Thank OhioTravelers9663
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been to a number of churrascarias across the US and Brazil. This definitely ranks near the top. Go for lunch, and you'll get a great value (i think it's the same menu as dinner for a lower price). It's cheaper than Fogo de Chao. Quality of beef is very good. My favorite is bacon wrapped fillet and the garlic beef. They also serve chicken, pork and shrimp. Salad bar is nice though you dont go to these places for the salad. The bf actually took seconds on their soup. Service is very attentive. All of the waiters asked what we wanted and would bring it by. the table. They were also quick to refill drinks and clear plates.

1  Thank DayzedMac