“Must Visit”

Ranked #15 of 312 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Holocaust Museum Houston educates visitors about prejudice and tolerance. You can see archival film, a Danish rescue boat and a World War II railcar used to transport victims to concentration camps.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This museum is very educating. I visited with my family and we were all so impressed with the presentation, the displays, and even the greeters. I recommend a visit to all.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Holocaust Museum is put together so that you can follow the events that lead up to the events of the Holocaust. You get a true feel and understanding of what life was like in Europe at that time. The guides had great knowledge of the events and did a good job taking groups through.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The museum was very informative, and it a place to look at the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany. They also have one of the trains where they used to transport the Jewish, political prisoners, Jehova's Witness, Asocial to the death camps. It is aplace of reflection!! Never again!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have visited other Holocaust Museums in other cities, but the Holocaust Museum Houston is a very special museum because it really shows how The Holocaust affected (and affects) individual people, and thus makes its much more emphatically. It also deals with contemporary intolerance and persecution and discrimination, which was refreshing.
Also, when we were there, there were exhibits of two painters who were Holocaust survivors but who worked in the modern and postmodern art traditions (I forget the names, sorry), and it was moving to see how the Holocaust themes and images were integrated into their work.
There were also some personal memorials to Holocaust victims that were quite unique and quite moving. Overall, this is a museum that makes one think and makes one feel close to humanity. It's all done with intelligence and I think it is great to take a family here and share this experience and use it as a springboard for discussion and analysis. Thank you to whoever was behind the creation of the Holocaust Museum Houston. As I'm thinking about it while writing this review (we went last year), I'm being overcome with a flood of images and it is still touching me long after my visit. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

1  Thank django
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had wanted to visit the musuem for some time. When a friend invited me, I jumped at it. The musuem exhibits are well arranged and organized.The information provided is very helpful in gaining insight into what the people had to endure. The outside exhibit in the back was very moving. Everyone should visit at least once.

1  Thank dianadenise