“One of the best Holocaust Museums.”

Holocaust Museum Houston
Ranked #13 of 316 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Holocaust Museum Houston educates visitors about prejudice and tolerance. You can see archival film, a Danish rescue boat and a World War II railcar used to transport victims to concentration camps.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been to most Holocaust Museums in the states, the mall in DC is #1, NYC is #2 and Houstons is #3.
The fee to enter is a donation which I find a nice approach

1  Thank mauriciotorey

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This museum is free, so there is no excuse not to go. The staff is wonderful and informative, and the displays are very accurate and original. I really enjoyed my visit.

1  Thank tkc22
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This free museum helped my children tangibly understand the holocaust. My son is studying it in school, and it was distant until he toured the museum. Our entire family was moved to tears by some of the exhibits and especially by the movie with survivors' own stories.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went on a day out to the Museum District in Houston with my boyfriend and first on our list was the Holocaust Museum. We are both history enthusiasts and we love to acquire more knowledge about the past. World War II has been a topic of our many discussions and it was a nice opportunity to know more about one of the darkest moments in human history. The space is well designed and I was greatly inspired by the power of imagery as I am a photographer by trade. "Pictures do say a thousand words"

1  Thank JumokeS
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have alway said that those that would listen, "We must never forget the awful things that we as humans have done to each other over the years. Unless we know our history, we are doomed to repeat it." I certainly hope that no tragedy ever occurs to so many, while so many turn their heads and look away! Every teenager should be required to spend time in a museum like this without their phone to text on when the "get bored." If you've never experienced a museum like it, make this a stop while you are in town!

1  Thank finch2315