“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #336 of 506 Hotels in Houston
New York City, New York
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The Hotel is very close to Hobby airport and I randomly picked it because it was cheap. I paid $45.00 per night and enjoyed a clean and quiet room in the backside of the hotel. The hotel didn't have shuttle but the Taxi cost me only $7.00 from the Hobby airport. Free wifi and breakfast was what I expected from a budget hotel. Nothing fancy but I would recommend it for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the backside of the hotel as the front is a bit noisy because of Freeway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Queens_Guy7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had a very bad experience with this motel.OMG, they charged $80 for single bedroom for 1 night which was very expensive for that motel in houston. Internet speed is slow and there are lot of disturbances. Breakfast is also not good when compared to other motels.I wont recommend this to anyone.............

Room Tip: select rooms at backside
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn-Houston/Hobby Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Houston/Hobby Airport/I-45
For your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you feel your experience was a bad one.

• Management was notified of the slow internet speed and the disturbances which you encountered and it was discussed what could be done to improve this.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Houston/Hobby Airport/I-45. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Craig, CO.
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Stayed 2 nights. Requested a room at the back due to highway noise on I-45. Room was clean and well maintained. Wireless internet could be glacial at times, and signal strength at the ends of the building is poor. Pool is tiny, but clean. Definitely no-frills, but good for a business stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Virgnia Beach
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Very cheap and right by the airport. The entire hotel smells like mothballs. Clean enough just for sleep before an early morning flight. Can't imagine my wife staying there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Houston/Hobby Airport/I-45 for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

• Your mention of the smell of mothballs was discussed with the management and it is being looked into to see if it can be eliminated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Houston/Hobby Airport/I-45. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Minnesota
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We picked this motel because of it's location and price. We got what we were looking for - cheap. Half of this motel is closed because of hurricane damage. The rooms are very noisy because of the freeway. The beds are comfortable, but the place is not very clean and the area is not somewhere you want to be out at night. The people working the desk were friendly. There are other options in the area that would be a better choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Houston/Hobby Airport/I-45 for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location and the price were good for you. I’m glad that you found the desk staff to be friendly. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

• Desk staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Management was approached about the possibility of setting up a security system that would make our valued guests feel more secure about going outside at night.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2005

I booked my hotel room over the internet and didn't really know what to expect. The room was very clean and staff was friendly. Couldn't find a better place with the price that I paid. One suggestion! ask for a room on the backside of the hotel since the front is closer to the freeway noise.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Americas Best Value Platinum Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Channelview / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Houston/FM 249
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Stafford / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Houston/Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!