2,994 results
All reviews cookies and milk rooftop pool cookie buffet minute maid park valet parking downtown area within walking distance beautiful hotel valet service free breakfast exercise room astros game convention center the room was nice yogurt toyota center enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Arrived late Thursday afternoon for a long weekend of relaxation and Houston Astros baseball. At check-in only one of our rooms was ready (we had two of the larger rooms with full kitchens). Although the hotel is undergoing a major renovation, overall it is still a very nice hotel. The hotel lobby and bar is currently being remodeled and is less than what you'd expect from a four-star hotel, but just give them time to finish.
Our rooms were very nice. I would highly encourage getting a larger corner room. The views were great. The higher floor rooms are especially good for seeing the landscape of downtown. The closet was HUGE. The bathroom was nice, but the soaker tub was a little difficult to step into whether to take a shower or a bath. The windows had both sheer curtains as well as heavy blackout drapes for us late sleepers. There is an outdoor patio and pool on the roof of the hotel. The fitness center is also located on the top floor. We found all of the staff to be nice and helpful, except for one grouch of a security person. (We just tried to avoid him!) There is also a small cafe/deli just outside the front door of the hotel. It is open late if you need any snacks, drinks or coffee. With the hotel being downtown, we were only about a 10 minute walk from Minute Maid Park. Even in the August heat, the walk was very bearable and you didn't have the hassle of finding a parking spot. We would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Upgrade to a larger, corner room on a higher floor. Definitely worth the small extra cost.
1  Thank MichaelA51
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Great location, very nice rooms, but.... The customer service is what will keep us coming back over and over when we need to stay in downtown Houston. Over and over, we were pleasantly surprised by the absolutely stellar customer service. I have to give props to **Jesse**, Carlos, Barka and the woman at the front desk working late Sunday, Aug 20. Samou greeted us kindly at the front door when we drove up, and the friendly staff just got better and better from there. TIP: Valet is pretty much the only option, AND it's $33 to park overnight, so be prepared to shell out $33 for each night you stay. :( My only complaint!

Room tip: The bathroom in the king room was perfect for putting makeup on and doing hair!
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stayed for a wedding party this weekend. Service was excellent. Milk & cookies each night was good too. Rooms were clean and spacious. They're undergoing some renovations but it's not stopping their service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The Magnolia Hotel is a renevated 91 year old hotel located in downtown and within walking distance to MinuteMaid Stadium and numerous restaurants, bars and parks. The room are very nice as is the entire staff. The have transportation for guest to all the local places for entertainment or shopping. Great location and staff.

Room tip: The corner rooms on Texas Street and Fannin are great.
Reviewed August 7, 2017

The Magnolia Hotel has been one of my favorites in downtown Houston. However, after an experience that is beyond difficult to describe, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I highly advise anyone that is considering staying there, please reconsider!! Four of us mom's had planned a nice 24 hour break from suburbia that included shopping, spa time and dining out. The hotel had set us up in a beautiful king suite with an adjoining king room. Very nice! Now for the despicable part....after taking a shower, I went to get the robe the hotel provides; robes are hung nicely in the closet. While trying to get the sleeves untucked from the pockets, I realized something was in the pocket. If there was a way to paste a picture on this review I would. However, the picture is not appropriate for publication in most circles, including mine. A rather large, rubber sex toy had been left in one of the pockets of the robe!! I cannot even begin to describe the disgust I felt from this. To make matters worse, when the manager arrived to see what had been "left" in the robe, she chuckled and expressed this was a "party hotel" and that she had had a similar experience! I told her I wasn't sure which part was more disgusting, the item left in the robe or the fact that, clearly, housekeeping does not wash the robes after every guest checks out! Her response to that, "....we don't always switch the robes out, because sometimes they aren't used...." I am sorry, but in this day and age I believe ALL linens should be replaced after a guest checks out!! You have to wonder if the towels and sheets were even clean! The manager did comp 1 of our rooms and expressed we would have to speak with the GM on Monday for any further reimbursement. Just when you think an experience like that can't get any worse, think again! When I called the GM, he expressed he had been informed of what had happened. You would think the GM of an establishment like the Magnolia would be mortified and over apologetic of a guest having an experience like the one I just described. Not exactly! In fact, he indirectly accused me of lying!! I am nearly 50 years old, and never in my life have I ever been more insulted! With hesitation, the GM did comp our other room. I don't think I can express enough how absolutely disgusting this entire situation was and how poorly the management at the Magnolia handled it. Customer service training to avoid offending the customers is surely in order for this hotel, since the staff lacked even a modicum of manners. The Marriott may want to reconsider the acquisition of this hotel or start the renovations with the management in lieu of the lobby, as that would be money well spent!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends