Magnolia Hotel Houston
Preferred Hotels
$219
$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$169
$259
$145
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$139
$105
galahotels.com
2,894 results
All reviewscookies and milkrooftop poolcookie buffetfree happy hourminute maid parkvalet parkingdowntown areawithin walking distancevalet servicebeautiful hotelfree breakfastexercise roomastros gameconvention centerthe room was niceyogurttoyota center
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Easily accessible off of the interstate. Close to Minute Maid Park. The free breakfast was one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. When a hotel does not have its own parking available, valet usually does not go well. This was the best I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a mini kitchen, so ask for the upgrade
1  Thank kippy4
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thanks for choosing us and thanks for reviewing us. Your experience with the valet has been noted and we hope your next stay with us is even better.

Till then,

Cheers,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've stayed here several times before, but this was our longest stay. Disclaimer: shortcomings become more obvious with longer stays. I will do my best to give a balanced review.

PROS:
Large, clean rooms
Excellent customer service from lounge waitresses, bartenders, housekeepers, front desk staff
The king suite with kitchenette is AWESOME. Extra large bathroom area, stove top, microwave, fridge, utensils, cleaning supplies. VERY GOOD if you are planning an extended stay

CONS:
Ice machine on our floor was disgusting. Needs to be cleaned or someone will get sick.
Pool needs to be cleaned. It looked green and my kids did not want to jump in.
Breakfast chefs bringing out food for complimentary buffet are grumpy. Don't ask them for anything because they won't accomodate. Ask the waitresses - they're great.
Complimentary cookie reception is only "while supplies last." Hotel really needs a sign for busy nights that limits cookies to 2 per person. We had to fight for cookies when the hotel was busy.
Breakfast buffet has been downgraded over the years and is now very, very simple. There are NO MORE WAFFLES - you've been warned!

Overall, still a great stay, and we will be back if the price is right.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing us and thank you for taking time to compose such a well balanced review. Your experience has been noted, both the pros and the cons, both being addressed where possible. We use these reviews to enhance our services, and your feedback is instrumental in doing that. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon -

Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Selected this hotel based on price and proximity to Minute Maid Park. Attended Red Sox/Astros game on a Friday night...great to see so many Red Sox fans. Parked car via valet, which we later learned was directly billed to hotel room at a hefty $28/night. Greeted nicely by front desk and advised of hotel amenities. Room on 7th floor was clean and comfortable. I had asked in advance for extra pillows and a room away from elevator and pool and got what I wanted. However, breakfast buffet was a disaster. Arrived at 9:30 (breakfast ends at 10am) to find a huge line, no available tables, and no silverware. After waiting in line 15 minutes, we decided to go to the cafe located next to the hotel. Also, I fell in the bathtub because there are no bathtub mats and treads in the shower, but there is a grab bar on the far end of the shower. The final issue was a toilet backup which may or may not have been in each room on our floor because the whole hallway smelled like sewage that Saturday morning. All in all, a decent, older hotel that has good as well as bad points. We would likely stay again due to proximity to ballpark and price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us and for reviewing us. Your feedback is essential to us in our constant effort to meet and exceed high standards of service. Your comments have been noted and we look forward to your next stay.

Best,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Came from Boston to see a couple of Red Sox/Astros games. Easy five minute walk to ball park.Fantastic fan friendly ball park. Hotel was very clean, very comfortable and well appointed. Oh, and a great price:). This hotel was a home run!

Room Tip: Awesome hotel to see a baseball game.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We love that we hit a pop fly into your heart! We hope to have you back again for another game. Till then,

Cheers,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

There were about 20+ rooms reserved for a wedding. The hotel only gets a three because they never cleaned my room until 4:30 PM after I called the desk and expressed my displeasure. I also thought the $28 parking fee was exhoribant since we could park at the ramp across the street for $5. Then I was very disappointed in the chicken meal served at the wedding. Imediatley upon reading the menu, I approached a waitress and asked her to go the kitchen and ask for one chicken entre without hollandaise sauce. The salad was just being served. She confirmed that it would not be any problem. WELL SHE FORGOT! The same waitress served me a chicken plate with the hollandaise sause. When I pointed out that I had requested FROM HER that there be no sauce on the chicken, she said, "Oh, I forgot" and then went in to tell the kitchen staff. It was too late, all of the entrees had hollandaise sauce. Some man in a suit, can over to the table and said it would be 15 minutes for my meal. Needlesstosay, everyone else had finished eating. Finally I was served a small chicken breast filet that was charred on the outside and RAW inside. No one on the staff seemed to care! Not the southern hospitality I would have expected from a hotel that boasts excellent service. Missed the Fourth of July fireworks also because you couldn't see anything from the "fabulous" rooftop--NOT. Breakfast on the weekends is watered down, also. Couldn't get the famous waffles or french toast that others had raved about unless we were willing to pay $10. I usually don't review that places I am not pleased with, but I thought this is not the fabulous place they claim to be on their website.

1  Thank GLaSota
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for reviewing. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us locate areas where we might be able to improve. It's plain to see that there was miscommunication and serving issues, and that you were not impressed with our roof, or anything else. We will take these comments to our staff and address them where possible. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,