“Awesome place with great customer service”

Magnolia Hotel Houston
Ranked #27 of 508 Hotels in Houston
New York
“Awesome place with great customer service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for only a few hours, got in around 2am and left at 7am to attend a meeting. However, during my short stay I was able to come across some very nice people who work there. The rooms are quite comfortable yet trendy! Breakfast was great! I forgot my boots there and had to return to try to find them. That was not a problem. The housekeeper already packaged them and they were secured so when I got back there, retrieving them was so easy. These people are very honest too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love the area because you can walk around, also the shuttle is available all the time if you need it, the Customer Service is fantastic, I had a great experience and be be part of Organo Gold i this Internacional Event, it is a very comfortable.

Room Tip: I had the 13th floor and the next time I will love to be on the last one and I can see the city from...
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is not the 4.5 stars as advertised. I was overcharged for the night I stayed, and then the Magnolia continued to charge my credit card for additional nights after I had checked out. When I called to ask about it, I was put on hold for 20 minutes. Then, I was told that they only charged me for one night. Yet, my bank statement showed 3 additional charges. I am still fighting them about these charges.

Do not fall for the TA ratings. Stay away.

2 Thank Todd K
MagnoliaVPSales, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thankk you for your comments. We have notified our accounting office to get in touch with you to resolve the situation. We're certainly very sorry for any delay you have encountered. We hope you can give the hotel another chance soon. Again, our apologies.
Denver
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for on a Friday night. The hotel is very comfortable, modern, trendy, unique. The room was very clean and recently remodeled. Downtown Houston is very quiet on the weekends and at night. Seems to be a place people commute to to work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Magnolia for the Houston Marathon. It was a short walk to/from the expo and race start/finish. They were stocked up on water bottles and Gatorade for runners and had plenty of carbs ready. It was raining on race morning so the front desk had trash bags ready for us to put wear. Very helpful and friendly staff, would stay at this hotel for any future Houston Marathon trips.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Friendly staff, nice rooms, good shower temp and pressure. Main complaint was that there was no iPod / iPhone plug in for music. And there were only about 6 hangers. And you need to re-log-in to the free wifi fairly frequently. If you stay here definitely go around the corner to flying saucer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A friend and I stayed overnight at the Magnolia hotel for the Aramco Houston Half Marathon.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The double queen room was clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. I really appreciated that the desk in the room had outlets built in, so it was easy to plug in my iPhone and iPad without having to crawl around hunting for an outlet like in some hotels.

The bed was very comfortable, especially the pillows.

While there was a refrigerator, it was already stocked with wet bar items. I removed those items to make room for my own items. The fridge is apparently computerized because I was initially charged for the 7 items I removed. However, when I talked to the desk, they quickly adjusted my bill when I explained what happened, so that was hassle free.

The only negative was the nearly $30 overnight parking fee. I thought that fee was pricey.

Overall, I enjoyed my room and the cool, laid-back, lounge feel of the hotel, and I would stay there again (although I would probably look around for cheaper overnight parking nearby).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends