“My Houston Favorite”

Magnolia Hotel Houston
Ranked #40 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'm not sure how I skipped writing a review of the Magnolia until now, but this is definitely my "go to" hotel when I'm in Houston. It may not be a 5 star hotel in the rule book, but just about everything here is perfect. The rooms are nice, but what really sets the Magnolia apart is the service. From the valet, to front desk, to bar staff - I've always felt welcome. The only thing to watch out for is the price. It's usually in line with other luxury downtown hotels, but occasionally it will spike up due to demand (which is completely understandable). It's a great hotel - but not great enough that I'll pay substantially more than I would for another comparable hotel in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a great time! The hotel is by the Toyota Center and Relient Stadium. We had the hotel shuttle take us to and from the Toyota Center. We have stayed here once before and enjoyed waking up to an amazing breakfast. The late night milk and cookies does not hurt either. The room was spacious and we were excited to use the kitchen within our hotel suite. Reasonable prices and friendly people!

Room Tip: I would definitely plan to splurge and get the suite with the kitchen if you plan to stay more then...
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

A small boutique hotel done right.
Clean spacious and cookies and milk before bed a nice touch!!!located in downtown. And rooftop pool is a plus!!!
A must if your going to houston!!check online for great specials.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great hotel. We arrived and we were checked in and in our room within 10 minutes. Our room was neat and clean. Walking distance to everything downtown. Metro, food, baseball and more. We took advantage of the drinks at happy hour. Next time we stay there we will have to be sure to have the cookies!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great location! Just around the corner from Flying Saucer (excellent bar) and several eating establishments. Great view of the town. My wife did not feel like breakfast, but there is a place down the street called Georges Market which does a really good breakfast alternative to the buffet at Magnolia

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out over Texas avenue
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed on a random Saturday night...simply wanted a "get away" weekend. The hotel is clean and has been recently renovated. The amenities were very nice. The staff was friendly. The hotel has a coffee shop in front and is within walking distance of several bars and places to eat. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very nice (pillow top).

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I paid $140 for this room (with tax). For that amount of money, I'd say the room was great. I didn't feel that the room was especially clean. The bathroom was spotless, but the carpet didn't seem clean in the room. As a matter fact, I found a child's toy behind the TV from a previous guest. Neither of the telephones in the room worked. And I hated that the Magnolia didn't offer 24 hour room service. They have great garden tubs in the bathroom, though; and I liked that a lot. Everyone was super friendly and like I say, it was a great stay for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends