“Hot but not sour”

Kung Food II
Ranked #812 of 8,502 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hot and sour soup should be both. While their soup is hearty and plenty hot I've had better. More rice vinegar and some sesame oil would make this a great soup.

My chicken with mixed vegetables was very good and the dinner portion was plentiful (take out). Served with steam rice and a spring roll, also good, my whole meal came to $10.01 and I couldn't finish it.

This is an economical store serving decent food at a reasonable price and I will return.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food here is very good. The service is usually pretty good but not very friendly. They just look at you when they want to take your order. I wish they stayed open a little later.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

The servers are not very inviting. Make it like it's a too much to ask for ice for my drink. They just don't seem like they are happy to be here. We came for lunch. The food is lacking flavor. I would rather go to panda express than here.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Service is only fair, it looks like no one wants to be here. Food is often average, but today my beef tasted bad, very bad. I then ordered the orange chicken and it was very dry. Lunch prices cheap but still to high for bad food.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Good--the owners/staff are friendly and efficient, and the prices are fair.
Bad--food is mediocre. The hot and sour soup is totally pedestrian. We thought the curry chicken would have some spice, but no, very bland. Thank goodness they have two kinds of hot sauce. The dish, while bland, was healthy, with chunks of chicken, bamboo, onions and green pepper.

Overall--you can do worse, but not worth a special trip. Try the middle eastern next door. And really, the TV tuned to the soap operas. Please.